Question from SeventhSpine

Characters - Unlockable with lvl progression Or Purchase Add-ons on Network?

For most of the main Marvel heroes such as Hulk and others, are they unlockable on our own as we progress or we are forced to buy add-ons through online networks?

Farfarello answered:

Every character other than Juggernaut is unlockable in normal gameplay.
3 1

Answers

mamamia11 answered:

If i do no preorder is there any other way to unlock jauggernaut???
1 2

PapaGamer answered:

Juggernaught can be purchased in the Playstation Store (the unlock code is really just a purchase voucher). It is expected other characters will be released as DLC.
1 3

sorjaixp answered:

You can unlock every character as you progress in the game... along with the storyline. Juggernaut can only be unlocked if you preordered the game. The juggernaut dlc is only for users to dl so they are able to play with other users on PSN that has juggernaut in their game. You will not get juggernaut from dling that DLC. Its only a compatibility content.
0 3

Tarthus answered:

Juggernaut was available for purchase on the PSN (mistakenly, I've been told) for a short period of time for $1.99. The fact that this happened means that they're preparing him to be available as DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if they begin to offer more characters in this way, but at this time, he's the only one you can't unlock by playing the game.

The Hulk code comes with the PS3 version of the game, and it also listed on GameFaqs. I would assume the X360 version comes with the Hulk code as well, but I'm not certain.
1 1

Lord_Blade answered:

It was stated on the official VIP forums that Juggernaut being available for paid download was an error.
He was never intended to be available to the public. Only to pre-order customers.
They removed him the following day. And it's been stated that the only way to get him (now or in future) is through the pre-order code.
The pre-order code is a one time use.

Codes were also given out for Hulk and Thor.
These codes are button codes entered in game (it's the same code for everyone).
This code basically just allows you to play these characters from the start of the game, instead of having to collect the items to unlock them as you play. But the characters themselves are available in game normally.
0 0

j0j0b0y answered:

Hulk, Thor, and Jean Grey (the Phoenix) are all unlockable via push-button codes (they are available on the codes page (and no, using those codes does not disable game-saving)).

Juggernaut is available only through a DLC code which is supplied by gamestop after registering on their website with your pre-order.

The DLC available on PSN (and XBL I assume) are only to let you play with somebody else who has unlocked Juggernaut.

Lord Blade is correct in saying that the unlockable characters are also unlocked via in-game collectibles.
1 0

fakter1 answered:

Well you could try to send an email to Gamestop and tell them you preodered it, I think they shut the site down too early and are compensating for that. That's how I got juggernaut (I actually preordered and the site was locked when I went to get him). They didn't really verify if I had preordered though, so you may be able to get one over on them.
0 0