Question from shadow5747

How do I get past cliffhanger, getting the ghost trophy?

The ghost trophy says you have to plant the explosives without injuring anyone or alerting them...im not sure how this is done, because if you do not take out the guards at the beginning (when mactavish say"you take out the left one on count of three") you have injured someone and have therefore failed?

how is it possibble? thx in advance for any help

Sky715761 answered:

The trophy says to not kill anyone as soon as you and soap split up. as soon as he is in position and you get in the base.. you do not kill.. soap might take out a few guards if they are in your way but like dinokiller said.. you kill the 1st 4 guards then kill nobody. also there is another trophy to get in this level but will not allow you to have the ghost trophy. wait by the gates untill the truck comes. then when they drive back.. inside the can hut.. there is a sleeping guard on a leaning chair. knifing him will make him fall down and die but doesnt let you have the ghost trophy unless you restart to the last checkpoint. whatever you choose.. sneak past the guards.. plant the C4 and get to the warehouse. SIMPLE
2 0

Answers

nagaboroshi answered:

The two guard that you take out at the beginning do not count. Only the ones " in the blizzard " do. You can't let your teammate shoot anyone either. Which means taking a scenic route.
5 8

imtoogodly answered:

Nagaboroshi is right but u can let your teammate shoot them they just cant see u get close and he will take them out thats what i did and i still got the trophy.
5 6

PSN_TrueDeath89 answered:

No he is not right ... they do count just dont shoot anyone, let the other guy take them out he will do this cos he says oh guess ill do everything, then just keep to the left and stay behind buildings and keep lookin at your heartbeat sensor
2 7

Lupivdaman answered:

PSN_TrueDeeath89 is wrong
I have the trophy what I did was;
(The 4 guys you kill first dont count) go into the blizzard (this is the part where you dont kill)do not go into the house where one guard is resting (note- this is a perfect oppurtunity for the trophy that involves you melee-ing someone unnoticed- but this stops you from getting ghost) do not aim at anyone or else Soap will kill him and thats bad. so just keep trying until you know their routes. And remember most important of all 'If you can see them they can see YOU' so stay as far away from them as possible.
4 3

Carzyperson14 answered:

Most of you may be wrong or right but I got the trophy by not killing the first four you encounter and he'll shoot/kill all 4. The next part is tricky, You may get lucky Soap well kill the first guy but go around near a house with two guards in it. There should be containers, like on the CoD4 map Shipment. One is open so go around that. The rest is just looking at your heartbeat sensor and aiming but not shooting at lone guards. Soap usually kills lone guards that you aim at to steal your thunder. If you do it right, at the end he'll say "No alerts or kills. Impressive Roach" That's how I got it.
3 3

PSN_TrueDeath89 answered:

No Lupivdaman im not wrong i have the platinum ... so im pretty sure how you get the trophy!
2 5

H1tm4n47 answered:

TD is right lupivdaman ... the trophy is not to kill or alert anyone before you plany the C4 so how can killing the first 4 guys you com across not count?!?! IDIOT!
1 4

maviax answered:

Lupivdaman is correct. Kill the guards up to the point your go alone into the blizzard. Then sneak around using your heartbeat sensor and stick close to the left side. Whenever you get close to a guard that you can't get past, aim at him, and Soap will snipe him. The only tricky part i had was near the tanks with the two guards at the plane.
2 1

Digital5torm answered:

Actually, the first four you come across you do take out. After that YOU cant take anyone out, but your mate can.

How do I know this because when I got the trophy my mate shot one person.

The route I did was..

hug the chain link fence, wiat until the guard stops and wait past the land rover. Sneak past to the right of the buildings.
Then you want to go on the ridge between the orange fences. Get close to the guard patrolling the ridge and ur mate will take him out.

Crawl along the ridge then come back down when the rover goes past.

head straight over the runway to the bomb - hey presto. thanks for the trophy!
2 1

siktwister answered:

@PSN_TrueDeath89 and H1tm4n47
lupiva is right youre wrong get over it. this is a web site for people that like video games not for people that like to ague about a trophie. lupiva is right because i was watching my cousin play it and he killed the first four guys and he got the trophie. how do i know? beause we were jumping up and down cuz he finally got to trophie level 10!
1 2

siktwister answered:

@PSN_TrueDeath89 and H1tm4n47
1 2

Sky715761 answered:

Everyne here is RIGHT! It does'nt matter if you kill the 1st 4 people or not! Soap kills lone guards.. not you! sneak past them all and plant the C4. up to this point then on.. you are enabled to kill. you recive the trophy and every1 is 'appy
1 0

Sky715761 answered:

WHOEVER HAS A QUESTION DOWN HERE IS A BIG DEBATE MORON l
I
I
I
V
1 2

savvel answered:

You haft to be in to prone position and move slowly if you see an enemy dont shoot him go to a clear position and whait for 'soap' (Captain Mc Tavish) to shoot him, remember dont panic go slowly and hide to the walls so the guards dont see you. I hope that help you
1 1

Stormcrow2060 answered:

I'd only suggest to do it on lower difficulty - the guards seem to be less alert on lower settings.
After passing the gate, I sticked to the right wall to its end, turned left and sneaked up between the houses and the small hill where the guard patroled on top (who has been taken out by soap).
After reaching outskirts of the airstrip, i made a sprint to the objective, ant this was ghost for me.
Hope this helps =)
1 1

dinokiller14 answered:

Wow you guys still saying that killing the first 4 does count are ret*rded.
First of all, it says IN THE BLIZZARD. You are not allowed to kill anymore if Mactavish tells u that a blizzard is coming.
Second, you are not allowed to kill anyone in the base, but that doesnt mean that Mactavish cant kill.
I dont care if you have killed the first 4 or not as it doesnt count in any way but this is just for clearing up.
1 1

Dragonridaz answered:

dino is right i was about to comment about how the throphy says IN THE BLIZZARD u can kill the first 4 but once u are in the blizzard u cant been seen or kill anyone its not hard just takes a bit of time
1 1

T3CH_L3O answered:

Video Walkthrough

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zpl8pJOKS0
1 3

PancakesRock15 answered:

this video worked for me - www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lyNku1Ynhw
0 0

Airro answered:

Lol all i did was stay hidden and soap pretty much killed everyone! he was mad at me though for he had to do all the work!
0 0

killasbk12 answered:

Heres wat u do u cant kill or be spotted but mactavish can kill the people in the blizzard 4 u, just dont be spotted, this is what i did.
0 0

legendary_bkm0 answered:

When Mactavish says "you take out the one on the left on count of three" u dont have to shoot him if u take to long Mactavish will will shoot them both once Mactavish says the blizzard is picking up dont shoot anyone just look at them far enogh away so they cant see u and Mactavish will say "he`s mine" when he doas that that wont count as a kill from u then once u plant the c4 he will say "no kills,no alerts impressive job roach" (then u will get the trophie)
0 0

bigbadboff answered:

Dont kill anybody atall. Let him shoot them. I know this because i just tried it both ways. You cant alarm them either
0 0

broken_angel_13 answered:

I just got this trophy today. The timeframe for the trophy is when you split up with soap. All you have to do is take the least populated route and let soap shoot them. It was actually easier than i thought
0 0

RelaX_Frankie answered:

First 2 do not count. And yes, the ones that soap shoots do not count either. if you are patient enough you can get through with soap killing the majority of the ones in your path. get on recruit and stay to the right. You can run past the watch tower in the beginning and if you stay to the right soap kills maybe 2 people in all.
0 0

Spartan_Jedi117 answered:

First everyone should shut up and chill...Clearly some of you have an idea on how to get Ghost...Problem is you all focus on those first 4 guards. I'd avoid killing the guards coming from the truck and near the landing strip area. But that poses a problem. Use buildings for cover and let Soap snipe all the lone guards. This became a debate so fast and so long...
0 0

Spartan_Jedi117 answered:

First everyone should shut up and chill...Clearly some of you have an idea on how to get Ghost...Problem is you all focus on those first 4 guards. I'd avoid killing the guards coming from the truck and near the landing strip area. But that poses a problem. Use buildings for cover and let Soap snipe all the lone guards. This became a debate so fast and so long...But the first two guards you run into are must kill because if one guy lives, you're dead...Anyone in the blizzard is "ghost" person.
0 0

CreateChoas answered:

Its mainly stay crouched and let your teammate kill all of them don't shoot one bullets sneaks plant C4
0 0

Ghost trophy? Answered Diculas
Can you tell me where to Find the other two intels in cliffhanger? Open markamadness
How do i get the last enemy intel on cliffhanger? Open lilsul2k9
Ghost? Answered aslniake
What rank was Ghost? Open Oodama1