Review by sirdouchington

"Friggin' Awesome"

As you can tell by my title and 99.9% of reviews, this is a great game. Hands down one of the best action games this generation, and with a lot of depth to boot. It is the only game I can think of that did not leave my PS3 until I beat it 3x through.
Alright. Enough gushing. Why is it good? Well, many many many reasons.

Let's start with story. A good engrossing story is a really hard thing to find in a game these days, and U2AT pulls it off in spades. From start to finish, you will be fooled into thinking you are in a movie. The events feel real. The characters feel real. The action feels real.
It will pull you in and have you hooked until the end. If you haven't finished it yet, and are not playing it, you will be thinking about it. I don't want to give away plot or anything like that, but I will say that if you are one of the many people that were let down by the new Indiana Jones movie, you have to pick this up.

The combat is great. The character moves fluidly and everything is very intuitive. There are a ton of different ways to go through a level. Sneak around and take 'em out MGS style? Check. Go out guns blazing? Check. Hang from the rafters and lob grenades? Check. And just wait until you start unlocking all the weapons and the unlimited ammo cheat. There is much fun to be had here.

The pacing is wonderful too. Just when you've started bleeding out your eyeballs from all the killing and running for your life, you get a nice puzzle/climb break. These periods are always filled with awe-inspiring backdrops and architecture that it will keep you itching to see what's around the next corner. It's one of those games that's really easy to beat in one sitting - provided you've got the time.

The little I've played of the multiplayer is great. I don't want to comment too much on it considering I've only played a couple matches, but it seems really solid and addictive.

In an overpriced generation of games, here finally comes one that wants to give you way more than what you payed for. The universal quality is top notch. The story and voice acting are flawless. The combat is a blast. All the unlockables are addictive. If you have a PS3 and you are looking for a near-perfect action game with a great story, go pick this up now. If you don't have a PS3... well then I don't know what to tell you.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/11/09

Game Release: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (US, 10/13/09)