How do I get through Death's Grasp?

1. Help, I can't get out of the first fight with death. I've taken his sythe. Now I'm at the point where I have to keep beating on him, press R2 until I fill up the redemption bar (takes way too long). Once I fill up the bar, I press L1 and R1, the redeption bar drains and I start all over again, Death still has small amount of life on his bar, and I'm stuck at 3/4 life. I'm stuck and not getting anywhere...it's almost as if the game is defective. I just spent 2 hours beating on death. Help...I want to play. Thanks.
    How do I beat death?

User Info: fen2you

fen2you - 6 years ago
    Thanks, I'll keep trying. I beat on death for about 2 hours last night, still no progress. I'll try tapping L1/L2. I was most definately hitting the correct keys, but I was not tapping them. The face buttons don't inicate to tap, but I'll try. The guide book says absolutely nothing about this situation.
    As for pressing the R2 grab attack, I've done that a million times, then Up and down on the right toggle, still nothing. just a circular attack to nowhere. BTW, I'm on PS3 platform. This is frustrating. I can get through GOW on God mode, but I can't even get this game started>>> Thanks.

User Info: fen2you

fen2you - 6 years ago
    tapping did not help. Once I press the L1/L2, the redemptopn bar begins to drain. I continue to beat on death, but no que's (X,O,square or triangle) or directives pop-up to complete the fight. It just seems to be stuck.

User Info: fen2you

fen2you - 6 years ago

1. Walk up to him and press R2 to start a grab attack.

It's quick time so you have buttons to press while doing it, but if you fail all you have to do is beat on him a little more and repeay until you get it.

It has nothing to do with Redemption mode, it's just a grab attack. Most enermies have it after losing a certain amount of health

User Info: Renzenku1

Renzenku1 - 6 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. (First, what console are you playing on? I've only played Dante's Inferno on the PS3.) I think this could be a glitch. I've played through this game several times, and I've never had that problem. I beat Death to a pitiful sight, took his Scythe, hit R2 and then the face buttons that followed. Are you tapping the face buttons as they are being displayed? I know, it sounds stupid, but obviously you've played if you know about the redemption meter, and sometimes puzzlers make you overthink the small things. Maybe you tapped the wrong button?

User Info: DemonSlayerChiq

DemonSlayerChiq - 6 years ago 1 0