Review by lbrown314

"Prince of Persia anyone?"

So I loved Assassin's Creed 1, super excited about Assassin's Creed 2. The game is super addicting, the graphics are almost as enjoyable as the gameplay. This is honestly one of those games that you don't feel fully satisfied unless you collect everything and complete all the missions (including the extras). As of this second, I'm trying to locate all of the feathers, just now collecting the sixth seal (Awesome reward by the way, but won't spoil it). One of the things I noticed about the gameplay though was the controls while you're sprinting... can we say a little touchy??? For those of you who have played the new Prince of Persia, you probably know what I'm talking about when I say that the controls are very much identical to the amount of frustration I felt with Prince of Persia. If I'm running up the wall and try to jump left.... wow, I'm jumping backwards somehow. This issue is noticed especially with timed missions, ie- thieves races, lever pulling, and switch hitting. Another random glitch I encountered was when I had some missions with guard targets that were marked in red, somehow at the conclusion I was marked as a target on my map. Very strange. I would LOVE to have a walkthrough/FAQ on all the feather locations cuz those are SUPER hard to find unless to spend at least 2hrs solely devoted to feathers. (maybe then my mom will love me again....) For the love of MOM!

Very awesome options though, nice touches on the different methods of assassinations. It's a great idea for those who want to customize their character's abilities. Try to get the most money as possible because the later, better weapons are worth at least 40,000 for the sword. They also added more puzzles mixed into the game. Some of them were a little ridiculous but the others were a little more challenging. Once you finish them you get to see naked cartoon people running around though which is kinda weird, it all fits later in the game though.

And as I'm writing/playing this I'm running on the rooftops in Venice and come across an archer... well he multiplied into at least 30 and they were all yelling at me in Italian. Better yet, I was stuck in the same place for ~30sec hearing them yelling (kinda annoying). And no I'm not drunk or high, I was pondering these options while seeing multiplying men... Jackpot!

One of my time wasters was running around and paying all my minions to fight the guards for me, I was more focused on the "Stealth" part of it rather than the balls out fighting.

Overall awesome graphics, but patience (unfortunately which I lack) is definitely a must with the controls and please don't throw your controllers on the floor, not a good idea...

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/07/09

Game Release: Assassin's Creed II (US, 11/17/09)