Does the gambling magazine affect the hands you are dealt in poker?

1. Does it make you get more face cards or suited cards or something?

User Info: tizimin9

tizimin9 - 6 years ago
    So does it only affect hole cards or no?

User Info: tizimin9

tizimin9 - 6 years ago

Answers

1. Yes they do. If you have all 3 you will have a sure win hand everytime except for the one hand or two you will get a bad hand .

User Info: HeartoftheCards

HeartoftheCards - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. No, it's not a sure win every time. All the books do is give you better hole cards. You do still need some form of both luck and skill as the AI will either get good cards once in a while or (what happened to me a lot is) get lucky A LOT. Of course, I may be the only guy who's ever played with all 3 books and found it harder to win, but from my experiences, the books only give you better hole cards.

User Info: ultigamer2004

ultigamer2004 - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. Where do i find gambling magazines?

User Info: FF13_IS_ARD

FF13_IS_ARD - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. My experience with the gambling books is the same as Ultigamer. I actually tried 7 different times and it's very true that the gambling magazines DO NOT guarantee a winning hand just an edge. I actually won when I got sick of getting the books and just went to the match.

I know where two gambling magazines are but not the third.

One-Royal Flush Plaza (where the safe house is) on the second floor towards the front of the storenear the cash register, right hand side when facing into the store.

Two-Palasades mall on the first floor near the "pool" the book is towards the back of the store on the left hand side when facing into the store

User Info: Zombie_Butler

Zombie_Butler - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. There is a third Gambling magazine in the Lucky Shamrock slot parlor (The place where you go for the "Know When To Fold 'Em" survivor"

User Info: DoneethaFlan

DoneethaFlan - 6 years ago 0 0
  6. I recommend getting all 3 gambling magazines, as this will improve your starting hands considerably. However, it doesn't guarrantee a winning hand, so pay attention as to what happens during your hands.
    The way it improves your starting hands, is they give you mostly paintcards (face cards and aces), sometimes even a pocket pair. Low value cards combinations will be extinct with all 3 magazines (like 3-6 offsuit, etc).

You can fins them here:
    Gambling 1: R212 - Ragazines, it's somewhere on the floor,
    Gambing 2: P206 - Stan's Large Print Books & Magazines, also on the floor, and
    Gambling 3: N106 - Shamrock Casino, in the far corner on the backside bar.

Hope this helps :)
    Mech

User Info: MechDutch

MechDutch - 5 years ago 0 0