Question from Carnage_Dragoon

Is there a trick to the virus isolating puzzle?

Is there a trick to the virus isolating puzzle in the brotherhood of steel, or do i just have to keep trying?

From: Shale213 4 years ago

a lil more details- Basically run to any computer and if a whole bunch of numbers and letters pop up- move to another one- it doesnt matter which. When u move to the next and it has something like "Catch me if you can!" or "Your time is running out." Click isolate virus and it should say 'isolating' when you do. Exit that computer and wait for the nerd dude in red to let you know when he's tracking the next virus- r&r... good luck

You have to run to each terminal and find the two that have the virus and partition it. If the computer just comes up with junk run to the next one and try again. tbh I got it first go so...

Agree with the above. No trick really. Just see if it has the virus, if not run to the next one.

The big question here is, did you use the "Science" option before you tried the quest..... cause if you did, then you need to reload an earlier save. The "Science" option glitches the game and you can't beat the quest.

I had no problem with the science option... and it beat the mini quest for me...

The best way is to complete the Science challenge when you first speak to Scribe Ibsen about clearing the virus. Then it becomes MUCH easier to isolate it. If you don't, or can't, do the Science challenge, then you have to find all 3 of the infected computers in 1 minute. You have to be extremely fast if you don't make that Science challenge because of the number of terminals in the room, you cannot hit them all within the time limit.

Well my trick to doing it very well would be to open a terminal and while the keyboard is opening up run to the next terminal it cuts seconds down and i was able to get to all terminals somewhen after isben said" 10 Seconds!!!.

Do note, if you are on the PC or PS3 version, there is a glitch that breaks this quest:

Taken from the fallout.wikia:
After you partition 3 terminals, the quest cannot advance any further. No other terminals will have the virus jump to it, and you're not given a solution to the quest in any way. This bug is conditional, yet the conditions are still unknown

It really sucks, I have this glitch too.