Where to get the Anti-Material Rifle?

1. Or any other high damage weapon that would help take out deathclaws...?

User Info: kennysea

kennysea - 6 years ago
    Ok Ill try out the armor piercing rounds thanks

User Info: kennysea

kennysea - 6 years ago
    lvl 17 + 100 gun skill + piercing ammo in M16 vs. Blind death claw x4 = FAILURE

User Info: darknessry

darknessry - 6 years ago

1. Gun Runners and BoS have it but not till higher levels. If you did all the BoS missions and are friendly with them, I'm pretty sure It will cost a little less then it does at GR.

The sniper rifle with AP ammo tears Deathclaws up pretty good. It is a little weaker but it fires faster then the Anti Material.

User Info: LB3

LB3 - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Lol I know exactly what you mean. That sloan sidequest was hell. The only place I know to get it is at the Gun Runners shop. It is a Very pricey investment, my barter skill was at 70 and it still cost close to 6500 caps. But really any weapon with Armor Piercing ammo will do the trick. With my gun stat at 40 or so, it only took like 30 APammo tobring down the Mother Deathclaw with a Varmint Rifle.

User Info: Griffins909

Griffins909 (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. if you come into contact with the brotherhood of steel you can find the gauss rifle it does a damage of 108 .Thats what i use to kill them

User Info: charlemagne442

charlemagne442 - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. Kill a Veteran Ranger for a free one, but use a sneak crit and silencer. Or try the CZ57 in Devils Throat.

User Info: Reaver1990

Reaver1990 - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. If you can get to black mountain and recover the holotape from the fallen paladins, you can get it and the brush gun from the hidden valley bunker armory. I've managed to do this using a laser pistol at lvl 2 with bulk energy cells bought from chet.

User Info: stevebond1990

stevebond1990 - 5 years ago 0 0
  5. If you want to do it like a pro, get a modified sniper rifle before engaging the Deathclaws in the quarry. Lightened + silenced + AP ammo = win. Two shots to the head of even an a Legendary Deathclaw from a hidden location with a silently made kill is a crit that means death without wasted ammo or a clawed up pair of butt cheeks when every deathclaw in the quarry comes-a-running thanks to your Rambo tactics.

User Info: Jubei1976

Jubei1976 - 5 years ago 0 0