Question from McLovin2012

Killing the Van Graffs?

I've tried almost everything to kill the Van Graffs for the B.O.S. and i keep getting dominated. Is there any other way to kill them without getting blown to smithereens?

Joose23 answered:

*SPOILER*

I read this in the strategy guide: If you haven't done the missions for the Van Graff's yet, go ahead and do the first one, where you have to stand outside and guard the door. After the first two/three guys, a guy in a thick jacket will walk up (he's packing explosives), go ahead and let him through instead of searching him. He'll do most of the dirty work for you. You'll probably fight Simon, but, it's better than fighting everyone.
2 0

Answers

shorty_jj21 answered:

Get a good gun and bring Boone if you can. He really can save your butt, oh and bring explosives, I personally like blowing them up.
0 0

septicmelody answered:

Bring boone and another robot capanion, 3 againsts the rest gets you a good chance of winning.
A strong gun is also needed aswell as some stimpacks and or psycho, you can try and run to the side door while your companions fight and take the remaining people as they come in.
0 0

L0newolf___DSH answered:

My only companion here was Cass, as the quest entailed me to bring her to them, when it got down to the fighting, i used blade-runners chainsaw on them and ripped all thier heads apart. that was a good mission xD

but yeah, none of them wear helmets, so that tactic worked pretty well.
I took a psycho and a med-x tho for a slight boost.
Plus i had over 100 stimpaks at hand but i only needed 1 or 2
0 0

slayersfan01 answered:

If you have the money and a good sneak skill get C-4s and a detonator. Pickpocket and put one in each van graff and the guards if you can manage it. Stand a bit away, take out the detonator and pull the trigger!
1 0

crazybassist48 answered:

You can do this fairly early in the game. Like some others recommended, I did the first mission, but only so I could carry my weapons inside. after that, it's a matter of either placing c-4 or other placed explosives near all of the Van Graffs, or taking out a shotgun and getting close. Usually one or two hits from the Caravan shotgun to the head will kill one of them. I would recommend taking a med-x and a psycho, and also having a companion with you. That said, it's hard to provide help for you because you haven't really said what your character is good at.
0 0

pbeseau answered:

i found a way for a low level player to accomplish this. With motor runners chainsaw and a good dose of stimpaks, run to the side room and "wedge" yourself between the two bathroom doors (open) . when i was wedged there nearly no one was able to get a good shot. i stood there and hacked away and used only about 5 stimpaks.
0 0

pbeseau answered:

Additionally this was without companions since i had cass and they killed her off
0 0

LuTishia answered:

Go in with ed-e after the brotherhood upgrades his armor, as well as veronica with full power armor(just put it in her inventory), use guns and malee (these seemed t0 work best). it auto saves as u walk in so if u die just reload, and remember that u can pick up the stuff in their shop to use agianst them, and if u start a fight with them and have to leave its just a couple of the lower downs that follow you out its a good way to thin the numbers.
0 0