Question from CommanderTy

Splitscreen Online?

Does anyone know when Call of Duty will start doing this most blessed online beauty? I was kinda let down on MW2 not having it and just my luck The COD games will never do so.

ImaChilean13 asked for clarification:

heley6 What do you mean by "u could just leave the ps3 on but u could risk getting ylod" u mean that if u play with the guest profile you can get ylod?

pestad answered:

I was actually thinking the same thing it seems like alot of people are hoping for a split screen online. So if you are with your friend u can also play with other people online.
2 0

Answers

cepp1028 answered:

According to many youtubers and an interview with a treyarch or activison guy YES!! there will be just go to youtube and type in black ops split screen online!!!
0 0

henley6 answered:

Yes there will be online split screen but on psn u use a guest account that resets every time u quit the game

u could just leave the ps3 on but u could risk getting ylod

ylod is yellow light of death, it means ur ps3 overheated
0 0

Tknott46 answered:

The black ops website said there is split screen but it resets the guest player every time on ps3.
0 0

khain37 answered:

@ ImaChilean13:

He means if you play black ops with split screen multiplayer you are forced to use a guest psn log in which resets every time you log out. If you do not want to lose your stats on this you would have to leave your ps3 on indefinately...which would result in the yellow light of death.
0 0

wasdfff answered:

Is there a way to create a perm account for that 'guest player' on the PS3? So that it doesn't reset every time? O_O

It'd suck having to use and create a guest account every time I wanna play with someone. :/
0 0

firaga777 answered:

Apparently from many people, whenever you log in with the guest account, it will have the same stats (and stuff???) as the PSN account (first player). But when you log out of it, it will reset back to the PSN account's stats. Anyone confirm?
0 0

Dantesv7 answered:

I played only 2 players online, seems as though the rewards exp etc are seperate from each other. I don't know if it carries over to another PS3 log in etc. I will take a look.

Anyone know if you can do more then 2 players online split screen?
0 0

Petestuff929 answered:

Have been playing split screen online tonight, great experience overall. Lags a bit though. I was also wondering if there could be more than 2 players. However i cannot manage to connect a third controller, so i guess there could only be 2 players online.

Also, the guest account, which is actually my account name with "(2)" at the back, inherits everything from my account. In other words, it won't start at level 1 while you are level 37. It will be the same as you.

One thing though, as the genuine PSN account levels up, the guest account will stay at the level it is when it joined you. Leaving the lobby, and going back in will "sync" the guest account to your main PSN account's stats once again.
0 0

Splitscreen? Answered tfviper577
Campaign Splitscreen? Open Stickman04
Splitscreen offline? Answered mwilk2528
Offline Splitscreen Not working? Open mastermanJZ
Is there any way of playing campaign mode in Co-Op by splitscreen?? Open spardantergilio