Turning off extreme violence and swearing?

1. I heard somewhere that you can turn off extreme content and swearing, is that true?

User Info: Hammstray

Hammstray - 6 years ago

1. Dinosaur121, I would like to answer your statement of "if you dont want to hear cursing you should either mute people or just not buy games with cursing in the story and or multiplayer its that simple" there are parents and gamers who would love to enjoy the gaming experience but not hear someone cursing every few moments. Honestly, I love shooters, I love gaming and I am in the military and I really DON'T care for cursing and its not a "REAL" addition if there is f-bombs flying in the game. there are many good games without cursing. So my though is if there is a filter for content or cursing why not just say yes or no. Its a shame that videogame companys think they have to be "lifelike" by putting cursing in the game. To be honest, even in the military there is not as much cursing in the "field" or on the "coms" as gamers want to think or as the video game community likes to put in the games.

User Info: dcarr78_a

dcarr78_a - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I believe there is Mature Content filter in the options menu which disables "Mature Content", I personally have no idea what exactly it does as I never use it, why restrict gore and swearing? it adds to the experience

User Info: Jak119

Jak119 - 6 years ago 1 0
  2. Plus why would you buy the game if it was rated mature and didnt wanna hear all the cursing and stuff. no matter what your going to have some idiot freaking out dropping the f bomb like 20 million times in one game. if you dont want to hear cursing you should either mute people or just not buy games with cursing in the story and or multiplayer its that simple.

User Info: dinosaur121

dinosaur121 - 6 years ago 0 0