My PS3 says nat type 2 but black ops says nat type strict why?

1. Can you help me this problem?

User Info: kingtjai76

kingtjai76 - 6 years ago

1. You have to port forward your router into letting the game access the internet.

User Info: Alive_trooper

Alive_trooper - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I have noticed when using a wireless router you get nat type 2, or strict. But when the modem is hardwired straight to the PS3 you get nat type 1, or open.

User Info: MR_OUTCOLD

MR_OUTCOLD - 5 years ago 0 2
  2. Ignore what black ops says, its detection is rubbish. Doesn't make much difference anyway

The previous statement was backed by a university degree

User Info: geo00

geo00 - 5 years ago 1 1
  3. Did you check out the options setting for your Black Ops game? I dunno, my friend has this problem, but that was after he changed from 20 mbps to 6mbps or something.

User Info: Shadow_Claw17

Shadow_Claw17 - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. Port forwarding or setting up a DMZ server on your router should solve this,
    Either way you'll have to set your ps3 Internet settings manually and input a static ip e.g 192.168.1.10
    either way you'll need these too,
    Primary dns: 208.68.222.222
    Secondary dns: 208.67.220.220
    Subnet mask: 225.225.225.0

Point the dmz server / Forward all ports to the ip you assign your ps3 (192.168.1.10 in my example)

In my experience DMZ is the more successful in providing an open NAT type, but it does pose a security risk to your system, as it allows for unrestricted access to and from the Internet for the device you choose(using the ip address). Don't go looking at any naughty sites on your ps3 web browser and you should be golden lol ;)

Your NAT issues should now be resolved.

User Info: switch_342

switch_342 - 5 years ago 1 0
  5. p.s if you use DMZ you won't need to forward any ports for the ps3 system as it unrestricts access on ALL ports by design.

User Info: switch_342

switch_342 - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. Go to this site. It shows you how to port forward.

portforward.com/

User Info: xEzio

xEzio - 5 years ago 0 0
  7. Whenever black ops say something about a lie dont listen to it.Its trying to keep ur NAT type off.

User Info: UASK

UASK - 5 years ago 0 0