Review by moaristyle

"Treyarch, just give it up please..."

Treyarch has done it again, made a stupid game and made alot of money because it has the name : Call Of Duty in it.

Ok first off, I actually quite enjoyed the campaign. Even though it only lasted 5 hours it was pretty good. You play as a man/soldier called Mason (for most missions), who is being interrogated then replaying past events in his life.

One time in the campaign you actually go back to WWII which I thought was very different and cool, you go on stealth missions knifing people in their throats, taking out tanks with Valkyrie Rockets, it is tons of fun and the story is very interesting. But even if the campaign is great, the multiplayer falls short by A LOT!

So here is the main thing everybody looks forward to in the CoD franchise, Online Gaming. And sadly, because of that this is the most disappointing part of the game.

The multiplayer is VERY laggy, even when it shows you have a FULL green bar you can still shot a guy with a whole clip and then they can turn around and kill you in 2 shots. Even when you shoot them in the head 3 times it will still take a couple more to take him down. Even when you are dead straight on your target your hits wont always register, in other words, shoot at them and your bullets won't hit even if they are suppose to.

The Maps are very disappointing also, there are too many shortcuts or hidden passages which lets other players get behind you very easily and quickly, I always get 5 kills in a row WITHOUT camping and then some random guy comes out of nowhere and shoots me in the back. and even more so, your guns can barely penetrate surfaces making people behind cover always win in a gunfight or near invincible if you can't get behind them.

And to make things even worse, the multiplayer runs on a "purchase" system, meaning you earn money throughout your online career. Personally I wouldn't have had a problem with this but you still need to level up if you want to buy the guns! so even if you want the AK-74u you will still have to level up to 27 to get it, I mean seriously what's the point of having a money system when you can't buy what you want?

But one thing I did like about the multiplayer was the huge amount of customization you could do, but with the games horrible graphics it didn't really show it off that well. Everything just looks choppy and the guns look...well...they look like cheap plastic barrels that you hold awkwardly.

But to make that EVEN WORSE is the sound in this game, the guns you shoot sound like pallet guns and you can barely hear people running around, making the Ninja Perk useless.

I could go on about Multiplayer but this thing needs to be wrapped up..

So, yes Black Ops is a total letdown and Treyarch should not be allowed to develop another Call Of Duty game again EVER. It feels horribly rushed and is only worth a rental until they release a patch for the lag and party problems.

Hire it out before you buy it because you WILL regret it

Thanks for Reading =)

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 11/19/10

Game Release: Call of Duty: Black Ops (EU, 11/09/10)