Question from Tylur24

Fallout 3 old saves?

Is it possible to use my old Fallout 3 save on the Fallout 3 Game of the year edition?

Tylur24 provided additional details:

Well i turns out that some people in Canada (like me) are having region code problems. One Fallout 3 (either Fallout 3 or Fallout 3 GOTY ) is from Canada and the other is from the US, but whats odd is I bought this game at a Canadian EB Games. Ive clocked in 100+ hours so no way in hell am I starting a new game. Hopefully they will release a patch or update.

Tylur24 provided additional details:

My Fallout 3 region code is: BLUS 30185

My Fallout 3 Game of the year region code is: BLUS 30455

bluesix2 asked for clarification:

in wiki it said they know about this prob and MAYBE they will fix it is what they said. they might come out with a patch, so best to save this game for Christmas.

cf_49y answered:

For all those lucky to be in Canada, it seems like the the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 WILL NOT work with old existing saves due to a region code (Bethesda Ahem,) problem.

Hell it even says in the manual that the old saves will work, but alas they do not. Once again they dropped the ball: they made the game look worse on the PS3 even though its the better of the consoles and the GOTY edition doesn't even work with my old saves.
2 0

Answers

groening answered:

I belive so yes. I think it just adds the dlc if you have the normal version.
1 0

hmoobpaladin answered:

Well it says that old saves will work with the GOTY edition in the manual and it does work for my save files. Some parts kind of lagged on me though I don't know what the problem is but I started a new game anyways for the trophies and there seems to be 2 Fallout 3 game data.
0 0

foofadangle answered:

im from Canada and i cannot access my save previous files. i emailed Bethesda (can't find any official statement from them addressing the problem yet) directly to see what they say ill let you guys know what they tell me.
0 0

redskinStu answered:

It actually says right in the instruction manual that you can use save files from the original Fallout 3.
0 2

Xero6968 answered:

I was able to use my data from the regular Fallout 3.
0 0

ZeppelinFan777 answered:

i beat the game, got the GOTY, it worked with my original fallout 3 save file, so i think it will work 4 u
0 0