Question from Klokateer

Why do so many people hate the 3D movement games?

I just don't get it. I was thrilled when they made that change and dissapointed it got taken out. Having more space made being cheap alot harder and made you strategize more. Plus the death traps were great when you were getting your a$$ kicked and your opponent was so confident in their victory they stopped paying attention to their surroundings and teleport off a cliff. With the 2D arena you have little to no defense by comparison. Blocking is 50/50 on if it'll work and dodging becomes more about luck than speed and there's no threat of immediate death. 3D arena is more realistic and requires more skill. Plus we got 2 or 3 movesets, so what was the problem?

waschbaerjohann answered:

Ppl complained about 3d, and u wanna know y?
OK here we go:
a) ppl are used to 2d fighting. MK started out as 2d, and most of the ppl playing are fans off the first title.
b) the button config. U have to use the d-pad for 2d motions and jumping, and hold l2 to be able to move in 3d. Thats just stupid. And if u try to use analog, jumping makes no sense and the input for the specials are screwed.

BTW i see no point in that it takes more skill to play 3d. It is different, not better.
They wanted to make a ture MK, and a true MK is played in 2d.
Jumping kick + special move, uppercuts and sweep attacks, mind games, playing tricks with the opponent and making good use of special moves, as well as taking a chance to pull of a combo
is MK. 3d movements, fighting styles and big move lists are for other games.
2 0

Answers

TheGame50401 answered:

I really don't have a problem with it, I totally love the way they made this new MK, but I think they could of done better with the Fatality's, I mean, come on, I've seen all Fatality's in every kombat game, there is none different in this new one that I haven't seen b4..... They did do an Excellent job with the New X-Ray attacks though I must say!! I'm pretty sure we're not done seeing new things brought to it from DLC, I forsee them adding at least 5 more characters and new stages, but we'll have to wait and see.... But if I have to guess why others don't like it, is cause they lack change and like the old style instead......
1 0

kingkrown24 answered:

Remember this is a fan service game i.e. familiar players & fatalities, they was like what if MKT was re-made with better graphics? So they made this the only new thing would be the x-rays & king of the hill mode so it's mostly for the fans of the series.
0 0

heinelkun answered:

I dont hate 3d movement games,but sometimes 2d movement games better
0 0

Falloutjunkie89 answered:

Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, MvC games= best in 2D
0 0

jonaldson answered:

People hate change. The majority of the fanbase started in the 2-d environment (every MK before 4). I personally like both, but am enjoying this game as is.
0 0

What types of games can you play with 4 players? Answered DanielDude97
what is GBP ? Unanswered harlyteitch
what is GBP ? Unanswered harlyteitch
Should I play any other MK besides MK9? Open fandango333
Should I play any other MK? Open fandango333