Question from taw1990

Is shang tsung awful to you?

I don't know if its just me but I trying to force myself to play with shang tsung (because he's one of my favorite characters other than shinnok & mileena) but his whole movelist isnt that good to me and he moves WAY to slow for me. Without him being able to morph he would suck even more...am I the only one that thinks that his movelist could have been better lol.Does anyone have any tips or anything?

ElvesRPeopleToo answered:

I agree that his movelist isn't as thought out as some of the other characters, but I'm guessing the creators were assuming that if you were going to play with Shang Tsung, you were going to morph into someone else and not use all of Shang Tsung's actual moves. His slowness was and still is a problem for me. As for Tips...Don't use Shang Tsung unless you want to put some time into combo research and finding out what works for you.
0 0

Answers

waschbaerjohann answered:

No, Shang really has everything he needs; his skulls and his soul steal move.

Shang relies heavily on zoning/trapping his opponents with his skulls, mostly the ground skulls, up close, if your opponent blocks an incoming skull, you are at an advantage since your opponent is still in his block-stun while you can move (straight skull gives no advantage, ground skull gives an advantage, up skull an even bigger advantage).

Besides, for training Shang, its a must to learn at least important moves/specials of almost the entire cast because of his soul steal move and the damage boost it gives.

Note that the damage boost is HUGE. Not like the 3-7% you gain by Reptile/Quan Chis damage boost-moves, but 10-30%+ depending on the combo, EX: a Cyrax combo (1bar, 58%) will become at least a 73% combo (still one bar).

Also note that the amount of time he stays morphed can be increased by using the soul steal as enhanced version.
0 0

Shang Tsung?? Answered TheGame50401
Shang tsung help ? Open dereckxx
Shang Tsung Morph List? Open THE_SWORDSMAN
Should I play any other MK besides MK9? Open fandango333
Should I play any other MK? Unanswered fandango333