Review by HolyWhitemage

"You will Learn respect.....by playing this game!"

For one I could not believe that The new generation Mortal Kombat could be as neatly, well designed, and fun as this game.For starters it has AMAZING game play, a pretty good story, and many more options, like training and fatality tutorial. I remember back in the day playing MK2, It was amazing. Then after MK4 things REALLY started to go down hill. MK:DA and MK:D were all good, but after MK:A and MK:MK vs DC....................I didn't think they could pull themselves up again. I was REALLY happy with how this game turned out, and I'll explain why.

Story: 8.5/10

The story was AMAZING. At one point in I got REALLY upset, mostly because of a thing that happened to kitana, my favourite character.....but the story was VERY well done. Accurate, well thought out; they could have been more accurate with some canon story lines from certain characters, and they could've added a save button, as well as a "SKIP SCENE" button, but all in all, it was a heck of a ride.

Gameplay: 9.5/10

This game play is amazing. They let you be free with your combo's and let them span well over 17 hits. X-rays are very balanced and so are the EX moves. It was very fun to do 40% meter-less combo's with kitana online. Don't worry about that "shockingly similar" gameplay they had in Armageddon, every character has a unique set of moves and combo's. Fatalities are very well designed, though, it is sometimes the same thing repeated with a different animation. They have a comical touch to them, and they are gruesome at the same time. Babalities is actually what makes me laugh in this game. They are very funny and cute. You'll be preforming them more then fatalities.

Challenge tower: 6/10

I felt that this had to have it 's own section. The challenge tower was terrible. It was a COMPLETE waste of time. It will deplete all your fun time for a very BAD reward. Me? I hardly touched challenge tower and skipped 30% of missions to get the prize........ which is not worth it.
It was alright in some points, those points being able to score even an 8 1/2 out of 10. However I wouldn't be so excited about it if I were you.

Extras: 9/10

The other features like DLC and the krypt are very fun. Check out your fav chars bio on the nekropolis...shop in the krypt, download your favourite outfits. Extras couldn't be better. Options: Options are fine, but I wish they could include the blood switch. Sometimes in this game you'll want the blood off, just because. Other then that it was fine.

All in all this game was amazing. It will keep you occupied for at least 1.5 hrs during the day.....You'll be loving tag team and test your luck, a very good and balanced gameplay feature, and with test your might, you'll feel like it's 1992 all over again. :D

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/15/11

Game Release: Mortal Kombat (US, 04/19/11)