Review by YoYoLeFtToRiTe

"The Dark Knight's epic return to gaming."

Batman has always been one of my favorite, if not my favorite super hero of all time. Traversing from roof top to roof top among the highest buidings in Gotham City, the Dark Knight has glided, strategized, and maneuvered his way into our hearts while spreading fear, and doubt into the hearts of all who oppose him. He's been amazing in T.V shows, movies, comics, and best of all, games. Batman has done it all. Now, the sequel to one of my favorite PS3 games has finally arrived. All set to tackle his opponents once more, Gotham's dark vigilante is back with all new accessories, and tricks up his own sleeve to help stop some of the meanest, most ruthless villains I have ever known. But, he's not the only one... intrigued, are you? Before I brake down this review, I want to make something clear to you all. I will not review this game solemnly on the fact that you are indeed playing as the Dark Knight. Only to the untrained eye would someone only notice just that. Without further ado, here we go.

Presentation: Some of the best storytelling I have ever witnessed is present here. Without spoiling anything, this game has one epic introduction. The very same can be said about the ending as well. On a more personal note, you can easily get lost from reality in Arkham City. It is full of life, and just begging to be explored. One complaint would be though, that some of the villains could have seen a little more time in the spotlight other then those annoying (but fun) Riddler challenges stealing the show. 9.5/10

Graphics: Crisp. There are some texture pop in's here that are hardly noticeable. Believe me, when you're fighting so many baddies at a time, along with souring Arkham's skies, it's obvious that you will not even notice. A very minor complaint to an otherwise beautiful, yet sinister looking game. Characters look detailed. But, why are Batman's biceps still so large?! 9.5/10

Sound: Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are still perfect. Surprise, surprise huh? The music ties in and suits the game perfectly. Sound effects are great. From using Batman's many accessories, to the villains getting pounded into the ground by Batman himself. 10/10

Gameplay: What matters the most. The combat is as smooth as ever. By the way, Catwoman makes her debut in the series here. What a surprise to say the very least. She plays just as remarkably. There is a lot of fun to be had when doing her side missions. Also, buy this game new. If you do, it will come with a code to download all of her content for a limited time for free. To me, it's the only way to play the game. If you want the full experience, you will find this content vital as well. Also, after every battle, or unlocking secrets, experience is gained. This allows you to obtain upgrades, and power ups to your already admirable accessories. The boss fights as well, are epic. After you've bested the main quest, there are Riddler trophies to be found, sidequests to be done, etc. The game really should be played more then once. As you can see, there is much more to this game then just playing as Batman. 10/10

Replay value: I only wish the main quest was longer. Sure, finding all the Riddler trophies is fun, albeit 400 of them being a little unnecessary. But believe me, after playing this game for 15 hours, you'll ask yourself "How did I finish this game so fast?" and you'll want more. That's how addicting this game is. I played it for 5 hours straight without even realizing it until after I was done. As I stated earlier, it's easy to get lost into this game's rich goodness. This game will still be on my "Currently Playing" list for weeks to come. 9.5/10

Conclusion: Get the game now. Play it more then once. Unlock everything. Enjoy.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/25/11

Game Release: Batman: Arkham City (US, 10/18/11)