Why does the fire meter not decrease after I have demolished my entire house?

1. I decided to re-model a defult house on one of my saved games but no matter what my fire meter stayed in the high end even after I demolished the entire house! Could this be a glitch? It's happened more then once.

User Info: NatalieJS

NatalieJS - 5 years ago
    * I have started from an empty before lot but the fire meter still stays up high.

User Info: NatalieJS

NatalieJS - 5 years ago
    * I have tried with a completely new family, new lot and have built tried to build a house but again I can't even get passed the simple first floor three/four barely decorated rooms.

I have tried all of that.

User Info: NatalieJS

NatalieJS - 5 years ago

Answers

1. I dont know it never hapend to me befor. you might have to load the last saved game, star over with an empty lot or move to a new location

User Info: DUKE95

DUKE95 - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. Ok so maby you should move to a differant lot than try to build a house or just start over with a new family or profile.

User Info: DUKE95

DUKE95 - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. I'm guessing you only demolished the house itself, but kept all other stuff (i.e. fridge, bed, etc). The more stuff you own, the higher the fire meter gets. Try selling some stuff (especially seeds you don't use, and fruits and vegetables if you harvested those...keeping 2 or 3 each), that way you'll see the fire meter shrink again.
    Also, if you move to higher value lots, the fire meter will fill up more slowly, allowing you to have more stuff in your inventory/household.

Good luck,
    Mech

User Info: MechDutch

MechDutch - 4 years ago 0 0
  4. So basically, as you can't remove the mailbox our the bin. They have to take up some room, and apparently they take up a lot, because on my system, it takes up approximately a quarter of my meter. Also I think that the lot counts towards the meter. Remember that anything in your family inventory counts towards your fire meter. I find out really annoying, but there's nothing you can do. Sorry!

User Info: Simster78

Simster78 - 9 months ago 0 0