Question from Xero2012

Can a 12 year old play Modern Warfare 3?

I'm a 12 year old First of all I'm NOT NOOBISH I'm not a nube tube I'm not a ghost I'm not a camper I'm not a booster I'm a normal CoD gamer. Anyways I want Mw3 but my parents say it's too violent. I agree with them so I told them I wanted it for multiplayer ONLY so I said it's M because of the campaign ( which it is ) and I also said that the Uncharted 3 campaign is more violent than the MW3 multiplayer I have straight A's and I have Black Ops and I've been doing better than last year so Black Ops didn't have any negative effect on me and I asked my parents why not. So they said that buying me Black Ops was a terrible mistake of theirs ( I don't know why ) I really need your help and I thank you for answering it's been a problem to me.

Answers

BlackSparkz answered:

You seem to be wanting to play this game pretty bad. Honestly, mentioning the term, "NOOBEESH" makes you seem pretty immature, despite that fact that you really have "good grades". If you want this game that bad, maybe, just maybe keep whining.
3 4

OssimFace answered:

My brother's 11 and he thinks it's awesome
However, it's up to you
1 2

RTKOP13 answered:

I think it's ok for 12 year olds to play it.. The campaigns are always pretty violent and have cuss words in them, but yes, the game rating would probably only be Rated-T (Teen 13+) if the campaign was not included. Anyway, MW3 isn't nearly as good as Black Ops and the maps and weapons on multiplayer have been completely messed up. The maps aren't designed very good and the weapon damage system is terrible. MW3 is worth playing, but Black Ops is WAY better. Just rent the game and see for yourself maybe? I'd probably only get the game if you want something new or want to play with any friends that play it.
1 5

Vulture1a7 answered:

No way, im sorry if you liked black ops and I have to admit mw3 is full of hackers (mostly theyll log on at night) but mw3 beats black ops. What makes weapons so unstable are the proficiencies. I dont like 2 maps but I dont remember the 2nd one but the first is outpost, cause mr silent campers wait for you to fire your unsupressed weapon to surprise you. But then again survival is pretty nice
1 2

BadLemon answered:

Really, it's up to your parents. If they didn't like the stuff that they heard on the campaign, they'll surely NOT like what people say on multiplayer. They might have though it was a mistake to get you Black Ops because you got so hooked into it where now you will probably ask for every CoD game that comes out. This may not be true, but it's just a thought. Btw, (and I don't mean to be harsh but..) no one cares if you're NOT a camper, NOT a booster or any of that stuff, and it doesn't matter to us whether you get good grades or not. If you gotta tell someone about your straight A's, then tell your parents. Use that as an excuse to get MW3. E.g. "Well since I have straight A's (and if you had straight A's for let's say, a month or so) for awhile so the least you could do for me as a reward is get me this game. We can always return it (or sell it to someone else) if you guys end up not liking it."
1 2

trevorsnake80 answered:

I think your parents are stupid. No offence but its true. Im 13 and since I was 6 I was playing M rated game. honestly If your parents think MW3 is bad but not black ops? I FEEL SAD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!
2 3

murderousShots answered:

Technically, anyone can play any game. All you need is an adult to buy the Rated M game for you and make a fake PSN Birth Date that makes you over the age of 18. Have fun!
1 3

VeyronSSNinja answered:

If any call of duty game this is probably the best one for kids in my opinion but it realy is up to your parents and if they say no, just listen to them.
2 2

Sk8terM answered:

My parents are kinda the same but I'm a few years older than you and I'm able to buy my games. They probably think that because this game can really piss you off. I've accidentally bent tap art inside my ps3 cause I raged and hit my ps3( who hasn't?) and a lot of people cuss on there too. But the multiplayer barely seems rated M it's just it can get you pretty mad. Try to negotiate with them
1 4

Ravens_Fate answered:

my opinion you should state the true grit about real life curseing an violent naturals of tv internet so on an so forth if their so worried about a game then the should shelter youy from the outside world like come on your mom an dad probley did horriable things in the past then playing a video game with animated pixels of blood an gore most parents dont let you do anything cuz of THERE MESS UPS! point made basicly guilt trip em brah
0 2

ZIGMAN1212 answered:

ok dude im 13 i started playing CoD at age like 8 and then i was introduced to mulitplayer wen i got my ps3 at age 11 and played cod mw2 first and loved it. My parents just make me do good in school or i lose my ps3 and bops i think is worst then mw3 cuz you literaly watch people die harshly in mw3 all u see is like 2 people die but one got hung so thats bad but still if u got straight A's and cant get it that seems dumb i could still play when i had a 40 in science (last year but i brought up up to a 85 at end of the year) so that is dumb tell your parents that ur practicly a teen and its made for teens
0 2

the_Rieper answered:

If your mommy and daddy said no, then no you cannot play the game. That doe not mean you cant. Play it anyways.
0 1

austingl answered:

Well if your parents dont want to let you play then no. Listen to your parents
1 1

InputTomb3562 answered:

i was 5 when i was on M and MA games An im normal maybe anyway everyone in the world knows how to cuss Gore(Limbs being blown/shot off) dosen't bother me my parents have no problem with buying me CoD games..O_o MA15+........i turn 15 in june O_O I CAN BUY FREAKING MA15+ GAMES NOW AHAHHHAHAHAHH
0 2

CODfreak15 answered:

Well I would say yes. I have been playing all kinds of games like this since I was a kid. I feel that the concept of a war game thats rated M makes sense because it is voilent, but the fact is that the concept of fighting for your country and to protect your loved ones, even in a fictional game, is a good thing. Even if you do have to kill people. That's what war is. This game isnt like GTA where you are a criminal beating up innocent people and carjacking and being a thug. It's way different. You are fighting for a purpose. That purpose is to protect your country. Now while I feel they they should let you play, the fact is that it's ultimately up to them to decide whether or not you can play it. But in my opinion, I think it's not at all a bad idea to let a 12-year-old play Modern Warfare 3.
0 1

CODfreak15 answered:

0 1

P3RR1N answered:

YES! if he/she likes it :D
0 1

umomkilledu answered:

I im saying no. ITs M too block out kids like you. The campain it not the whole M point of it the online is just as bad with foul words used more often then the campain
0 1

Spynex27 answered:

If u follow the rules at The ESRB then u cant play it NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!
0 0

ebadahmed answered:

Im 11 years old and my parent dont care
0 1

aj94000 answered:

lmao the multiplayer is a lot worse. Play one match and you will hear more swears than your parents have heard in their lives.
1 0

Sk8terM answered:

IMO there's already enough 12 year olds on this game. so no you can't play this game
0 0

wayerhouse answered:

No you will hear to many peeple spanking their monkeys.
Monkey spankers suck.Unless its only cool when i spank my monkey
0 0

smfa3 answered:

it's your place young man COD is the children online daycare where all kids go play there and have some fun together
1 0

xXIrishPride4Xx answered:

Half of the people that play CoD anymore aren't 17, so yeah
0 1

slycooper94 answered:

Eh no you can not play this game your too young to play this
0 1

Shadowslaier answered:

Well it's up to ur parent I'm 12 and my parent have a problem with me playing games that are rated T, and believe me it's really not easy to fit in wen everyone is talking bout GTA and ur here talking about Cailu or however u spell it. But wen ur a garbage boy with no social life, no life skills or thinking tht a club is still the thing u hit people with, and living with ur parent, they'll realize they made a HUGE mistake
0 0

CODOverkill101 answered:

Listen dude, I'm also 13 and my parents wont let me play mw3 either, no matter how much I beg them. So what I do is say your ally's in black ops want you to go play mw3 with them, then tell your parents that they want you to. If it works, then you'll get mw3 easily, cause that's what I'm trying to do and I just about got it. And that's how to get mw3. Try it, then thank me for helping you.
0 0

shadowbilal answered:

Parents of this generation should now must be aware that children of around the age of 12/13 years old are getting more and more mature. I am dealing with the same problem. I would also like to have such video games but my mother specifically wont let as she thinks it is too violent. 12/13 years now understand the language and they understand what parts are quite violent. MW3 should be ok with 12/13 years old because it is a game meant for an age like that. I think that all the kinds of games which are M other than GTA should be quite alright and appropriate for children 12/13 years olds.
0 0

Does Modern Warfare 3 have a code inside the case? Open blaine1994
I cannot play multiplayer? Open wwedxchamp
I can't literally play!? Answered Akantor___God
How do i play these maps? Answered reddrik81
How do i play two player with my friends in survival mode? Answered eugenepaxton