Review by zack125

""You condemn what you do not understand""

Graphics

What can be said about the graphics? I've felt that they have definitely been improved quite a bit.

Gameplay

The gameplay is another area where it's been improved. What I didn't enjoy from the last two games is the fact that, while doing counter-attacks, you don't always kill your targets; you just hit them back. It wouldn't be a big deal if sometimes you want (like me) to go through a mission rather quickly. What's new in Brotherhood? There's definitely new variety in ways to kill your enemies and doing counter-kills. It really helps out because missions ask for a 100% sync (you can still pass the mission if you don't achieve it) and I don't see how they could be done (at least with some of them) with the gameplay of its predecessors. If you do succeed the 100% sync, extra credit will be given.

What else is new? There's a new Truth video that was left once again by Subject 16. For those who enjoy working out these puzzles on their own will be happy to know that these puzzles are a lot harder than it was in Assassin's Creed 2.

There's also a new armor to collect and that's the armor of Romulus and it works in similar ways to what Assassin's Creed 2 did: go through some lairs to collect keys in order get the armor. I had quite some fun going through them.

Like Assassin's Creed II, you'll be able to upgrade shops (art merchants, tailors, banks, etc.) and get a discount from them. Not only that, but you'll be able to purchase famous landmarks such as the Colosseum.

There's also the brotherhood. Basically, you'll be able to recruit new members to join the assassins. You'll be able to call them in battle if you ever need help. It should be noted that if one of them dies, they die forever.

Story

In this game, there's two side of the story: the Desmond side and the Ezio side. In the Desmond side, him and company found a new location so they can from the templars. They are also trying to locate where Ezio hid the Apple. Unlike it's predecessors where it does it automatically, you will have to get out of the Animus on a regular basis if you want to know what's happening in the present day. A small annoyance, if you ask me. As for Ezio's side of the story, the game starts at the exact moment where the second game ended. He will travel to Rome where he will hunt down the remaining templars.

My recommendation

If you want to play this game, then go for it. But if you've never played the series before, I would recommend you play the first two games first to know what this game is about.

Conclusion

This game is really worth getting but there are things I left out such as the multiplayer. I've only tried the multiplayer once and I'll probably never try it again because of how bad it is. Maybe someday I'll add it's own section and explain it a bit more in detail but as of now, I'll leave my review as it is.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 11/19/12

Game Release: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (US, 11/16/10)