Question from ninjakreborn

Best level to metamorphosize Familiars?

Also, the other question was about the benefit of waiting for MetaMorphosis? Someone told me that if you wait until they cannot level anymore, then you get more benefit from morphing them? Is this true. Should I change them as soon as I am able, or wait until they cannot gain anymore levels?

From: yubseyO 2 years ago

My 3 characters are around level 40's right now, and so far all I ever did was, I checked how many skills they have left to learn before their metamorph. After I check, I level them up until they learn their final skill in that current stage of evolution, then right as they learn it I level them up there and then, so I can have as many skills as possible for that selected familiar. As far as leveling up until they can't level anymore... I'm afraid that's up to level 99... and I don't think anyone would want to do that lol. I don't think part of the stats rolls over to the next stage either so I don't think doing that is a good idea. I've been doing what I said I was doing and it seems to be working alright.

When you morph into a new form, you carry over about 10% of the stats you had. so, over two morphs your final form could be upwards of 20% stronger if you level them to full each time.

It depends on how far you're willing to mix/max your familiars. Stats does indeed carry over when you metamorph into the next stage, which means the higher the level and stats they have when they metamorph, the more powerful they'll be at the next stage. However this is very tedious and you do not need to do this to progress through the story unless you're trying to create a perfect stats familiar or sorts.

For normal gameplay, simply metamorphing them when they no longer have any tricks to learn is good enough.