Question from Ca60053

help with translating Nascaae?

I was wondering if anybody has the time to bother deciphering page 282 in the Wizards companion? i've searched the net and it does not appear anyone has even seen this page, and i'm curios (and lazy) to see what it says.

Chrono222Nomad answered:

Okay, so I was curious enough to finally decipher the Nazcaan script on page 282 of the Wizard's Companion. It was kind of trip since I was using the back cover of the instruction booklet for reference, especially considering that about half of the characters were upside down. Anyway, this is what it says:

"On the first day, a wand will be held aloft. On the second day, lightning will arc. On the third day, a storm will rage. On the fifth day, a great wave will crash. On the sixth day, flames will dance. On the seventh day, a blizzard will howl. And on the eighth day, a new king will bring the light and the world shall kneel before him."
0 0

Answers

Ocyd answered:

there's a translator someone made on the forum. I'm too lazy to enter it in and translate it for you though.
0 0

Chrono222Nomad answered:

Well, since I'm currently on GameFAQs and not playing Ni no Kuni, I have absolutely no idea what's even on page 282 at the moment. I've "seen" every page of the Wizard's Companion, but if it's one with copious amounts of Nazcaan to translate, then I probably have not. I've gotten oddly proficient in recognizing many of the characters, however. For instance, the bit that Horace scribbled on the page titled The Tools of Wizardry made me chuckle. Until I talked to him a second time in Castaway Cove, I thought that it was the answer to his riddle.

Anyway, here's the link to the translator that Ocyd mentioned: www.shiftlimits.com/index.php
I just gave it a whirl and found it to be pretty handy. The mobile version would be perfect for those long chunks of Nazcaan text that exist on a few of the pages.
0 0