Question from Owlreed

Do I really have to attack Dark Knight Cecil? (FFIV)

To become a paladin, I'd have to face my "dark side" to I have to defend only? Or to attack it?

Answers

ModernHyrulian answered:

Only defend. Attacking won't get you anywhere.
0 0

YumeriaYumi answered:

You need to switch rows to the back row for the battle to end. Otherwise it will go on till you lose. I have tried a attack style and a defend style(even tried healing him) and that went nowhere. Once i switch to the back row the battle ended right away every time i played.
1 1

4evergaming answered:

Defend and Heal, defend and heal
0 0

get_mik answered:

You don't need to switch rows but it would help.

Mike
0 0

therandom1pie answered:

the version i played, it was not reccomended to attack as the darkside thing would kill its self by using darkness a bunch, not sure how this version works though =P
0 0

macblo answered:

in the ps1 version I did it without a walkthrough(but I need one for help with boss help and a sort of followed a lets play by HCbaily) and I beat him by buying lots of hi potions like fifty and fought him it was a long battle it was not until I saw a walkthrough that I saw you just had to defend.
0 0

gamingrat answered:

Attacking will only get you killed because the fight will only end when you have defended for many turns.
0 0

DarkLink50 answered:

You dont HAVE to attack him. Just defend and heal and the battle will end. If you hack your stats, you CAN kill him but it doesnt do anything special.
0 0

sonicvssilver22 answered:

The first couple of times I played the game I just bought a bunch of Hi-Potions(Like 50) and used a Hermes Sandals and a Spider Silk for the battle. Dark Knight Cecil is defeatable using this strategy but there's no difference in story though as the game counts the battle as a victory either way.
0 0

What do i do after cid blows himself?? FFIV Answered khattamketo
How many chapters are there in FFIV TA? Open blazing_fire21
Where can I find Yellow Dragons in FFIV? Answered ModernHyrulian
Can I still get the Cecil dlc? Answered TOASTYpizza96
How does Cecil do any real damage? Answered Immature_Sage