Do I really have to attack Dark Knight Cecil? (FFIV)

1. To become a paladin, I'd have to face my "dark side" to I have to defend only? Or to attack it?

User Info: Owlreed

Owlreed - 5 years ago

1. You dont HAVE to attack him. Just defend and heal and the battle will end. If you hack your stats, you CAN kill him but it doesnt do anything special.

User Info: DarkLink50

DarkLink50 - 4 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Only defend. Attacking won't get you anywhere.

User Info: ModernHyrulian

ModernHyrulian - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. You need to switch rows to the back row for the battle to end. Otherwise it will go on till you lose. I have tried a attack style and a defend style(even tried healing him) and that went nowhere. Once i switch to the back row the battle ended right away every time i played.

User Info: YumeriaYumi

YumeriaYumi - 5 years ago 2 1
  3. Defend and Heal, defend and heal

User Info: 4evergaming

4evergaming - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. You don't need to switch rows but it would help.

Mike

User Info: get_mik

get_mik - 5 years ago 0 0
  5. the version i played, it was not reccomended to attack as the darkside thing would kill its self by using darkness a bunch, not sure how this version works though =P

User Info: therandom1pie

therandom1pie - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. in the ps1 version I did it without a walkthrough(but I need one for help with boss help and a sort of followed a lets play by HCbaily) and I beat him by buying lots of hi potions like fifty and fought him it was a long battle it was not until I saw a walkthrough that I saw you just had to defend.

User Info: macblo

macblo - 4 years ago 0 0
  7. Attacking will only get you killed because the fight will only end when you have defended for many turns.

User Info: gamingrat

gamingrat (Expert / FAQ Author) - 4 years ago 1 0
  8. The first couple of times I played the game I just bought a bunch of Hi-Potions(Like 50) and used a Hermes Sandals and a Spider Silk for the battle. Dark Knight Cecil is defeatable using this strategy but there's no difference in story though as the game counts the battle as a victory either way.

User Info: sonicvssilver22

sonicvssilver22 - 4 years ago 0 0