Should i get the PSP- Slim?

1. Ok, so ive had the DS Lite for about a year now... and i have found it quite boring after 2 months... and i was considering buying a psp slim this christmas... but im not sure if i want to or not... i know i might get CFW if i do get one so any help?

User Info: XUNB1

XUNB1 - 8 years ago
    No... im going to buy it already with CFW..

User Info: XUNB1

XUNB1 - 8 years ago

1. There's not much difference between the two. In terms of custom firmware, the slim has some trouble with homebrew stuff (though I've seen 1.5 kernels from slim from Dark_Alex). Anyways, while the Phat is better, and cheaper I might add, it really won't make too much of a difference.

Custom firmware is quite easy to do, both soft and hard modding, as I've done both. When I hardmodded, I made mine into a permanent pandora because I cut a ping instead of lifting it. To make a battery a Pandora, it's not too hard. You'll need an app to do it, then plug it into your charger and use the app again to fix it.

Albeit that a PSP with CFW is going to be used in illegal ways (Canada is exempted due to our laws), it's a good system. Good for movies, music and pictures (tons of converters for movies). Can play anything PSOne and before on it (pretty much, maybe some exceptions). There's a bunch of good games to get too, and the internet browser isn't half bad.

I definitely recommend getting a PSP if you found the DS boring. Most people don't like both, but I'm sure with the endless possibilities the PSP will be better.

User Info: darksteel88

darksteel88 - 8 years ago 0 0

1. DON'T GET A SLIM!!! if you want Custom Firmware you do not want to go slim or 3000 series.. you want to get a phat.. (original PSP) if you get that then you will be able to use Custom Firmware to it's fullest.. to get Custom Firmware you need a Pandora's Battery and a Magic Memory Stick.. if you have a friend with Custom Firmware he/she can turn a battery into a Pandora's Battery without opening up the battery and doing all the sauntering.. if not then you may want to look on YouTube and get the saunter points.. downgrading a PSP Slim is very very very difficult. From what i know after six months in boot camp there's no way of making a PSP Slim (2000 series) battery into a Pandora's battery. However, from what I've heard, you can make a Pandora's with a Slim Battery. I don't know anything about it though.. Now the new 3000 series is impossible (to my knowledge). What I highly suggest is just getting a used original PSP, or buying a new one on Amazon or something. MAKE SURE YOU PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS!!!! or you WILL BRICK YOUR PSP!!! and you don't want that it makes it completely useless..

User Info: Camboy_89

Camboy_89 - 8 years ago 0 2