Battery dies very quickly after full charge?

1. My battery lasts for about half an hour or 45 minutes at best after a full night's charge, even if just playing music. However, the battery charge indicator is always at full, even right before it dies, and when I plug my PSP back into my charger it dosn't charge for very long before the orange light goes out. I don't remember if I dropped it or if it just randomly decided to start dying, but I used to get normal battery life until a few weeks ago. Should I just try a new battery or is there more likely something wrong with my PSP?

User Info: Silver_F51

Silver_F51 - 6 years ago

1. Chances are that the battery itself is too old. Batteries like this, along with those of laptops and other devices like that, can lose their charge capacity after a long while. The quickest solution is to buy a new battery.

User Info: Rebellion598

Rebellion598 - 6 years ago 0 1

1. Not too sure really, I'd get another battery and see if that sorts the problem, if not then I guess you'll have to give Sony a call.

User Info: M1Astray

M1Astray - 6 years ago 0 1
  2. Yes I agree, though you're battery might be shot from charging it to long dude. But see what happens after buying a new battery.

User Info: GEMINI617

GEMINI617 - 6 years ago 0 1
  3. Yeah buy a new battery maybe the battery is not made you psp

User Info: legend1998

legend1998 - 6 years ago 0 1
  4. Do you play and charge your psp at the same time?Each time you do that for a long time you battery gets shorter.Happened to a lot of peoples I know,even me.Hope this help!!!:)

User Info: Fenrir7u

Fenrir7u - 5 years ago 0 0