Question from Silver_F51

Battery dies very quickly after full charge?

My battery lasts for about half an hour or 45 minutes at best after a full night's charge, even if just playing music. However, the battery charge indicator is always at full, even right before it dies, and when I plug my PSP back into my charger it dosn't charge for very long before the orange light goes out. I don't remember if I dropped it or if it just randomly decided to start dying, but I used to get normal battery life until a few weeks ago. Should I just try a new battery or is there more likely something wrong with my PSP?

Rebellion598 answered:

Chances are that the battery itself is too old. Batteries like this, along with those of laptops and other devices like that, can lose their charge capacity after a long while. The quickest solution is to buy a new battery.
0 1

Answers

M1Astray answered:

Not too sure really, I'd get another battery and see if that sorts the problem, if not then I guess you'll have to give Sony a call.
0 1

GEMINI617 answered:

Yes I agree, though you're battery might be shot from charging it to long dude. But see what happens after buying a new battery.
0 1

legend1998 answered:

Yeah buy a new battery maybe the battery is not made you psp
0 1

Fenrir7u answered:

Do you play and charge your psp at the same time?Each time you do that for a long time you battery gets shorter.Happened to a lot of peoples I know,even me.Hope this help!!!:)
0 0