Question from Silver_F51

Battery dies very quickly after full charge?

My battery lasts for about half an hour or 45 minutes at best after a full night's charge, even if just playing music. However, the battery charge indicator is always at full, even right before it dies, and when I plug my PSP back into my charger it dosn't charge for very long before the orange light goes out. I don't remember if I dropped it or if it just randomly decided to start dying, but I used to get normal battery life until a few weeks ago. Should I just try a new battery or is there more likely something wrong with my PSP?

Rebellion598 answered:

Chances are that the battery itself is too old. Batteries like this, along with those of laptops and other devices like that, can lose their charge capacity after a long while. The quickest solution is to buy a new battery.
0 1

Answers

M1Astray answered:

Not too sure really, I'd get another battery and see if that sorts the problem, if not then I guess you'll have to give Sony a call.
0 1

GEMINI617 answered:

Yes I agree, though you're battery might be shot from charging it to long dude. But see what happens after buying a new battery.
0 1

legend1998 answered:

Yeah buy a new battery maybe the battery is not made you psp
0 1

Fenrir7u answered:

Do you play and charge your psp at the same time?Each time you do that for a long time you battery gets shorter.Happened to a lot of peoples I know,even me.Hope this help!!!:)
0 0

My PSP didn't charge, so I bought a new battery, but it still won't charge!Help? Answered quikwit1212
Low charge battery? Answered Molimo710
PSP Battery? Answered crazyshot17
Is there something with my battery? Open knightblazer85
PSP battery got problem? Answered rainbow1213