Question from Bishsume

Corrupt data recovery?

I saw the other question that told me how to recover corrupted data. But I have 11 corrupted files, and I'm not sure which games they go to to fix them. Is there any way to find out so I can recover them?

Bishsume provided additional details:

I've never heard of Walmart selling fake sticks, but I wouldn't put it past them. Hurrah, small gaming budgets.

Anyways, the PSP's browser and in-game says they are corrupt, but when I hook up to the computer, I can view the files like the icon and background of them, along with the working ones.

The only problem is that I can't find any way to distinguish which of the files work, and which don't...

zeldacubegamer answered:

I had something like this happen to me when I jumped from 3.52 firmware to 4.somethingorother. Turns out everything was really fine, but I had to first transfer everything off my MS to my PC. Then reformat my MS, & finally transfer everything back onto the MS from my PC. Everything worked fine after that.

Ever since then I take the extra time to create individual folders on my PC for each individual game, music album, movie, etc. That way I can easily identify & find what I need...if the day ever comes when I'm staring at a full MS with indeciferable filenames.
2 0

Answers

icegreen3 answered:

11 Unknown corrupt files sounds like a fake memory stick to me, start by getting a new memory stick from a reputable place, then backup your data often. Its almost impossible to recover them without a backup to compare them to.
1 0

matorodude answered:

That has happened to me,with myy music.Are you talking about games,or music?
1 0

stephen_sawyer answered:

You might as well delete them. I've had that problem with internet files. If you can't find the files to pair with the games, your pretty much screwed. If it keeps happening, get a new memory stick, get it from gamestop though. Get it anywhere else, 9 out of 10 times, its a refurbished model. But thats what I would do. If you come up with a better solution, go for it.
1 0

Question about RECOVERY mode? Answered DYNAMICLady
Do you still need to data install? Open blackdragon916
Save data from psp to psp go? Open pspmom11
I have corrupted data on my PSP! How do you fix it? Answered YvesSebastian
Can any body help with my data? Open MonkeyM1