PSP Internet Problem, Help!?

1. Im trying to get onlone on the PSP System, However there are difficulties happening. Ive entered all the information I could however either two things will pop up.

1. Communication with teh server failed. A DNS error has occured. Then it leaves numbers with a letter at the end.

2.IP Adress timed out.

So far these are the only two causing problems for me. Again im trying to connect to surf the web, update my psp, and more.

Can someone help me out?

User Info: Gaulet

Gaulet - 7 years ago
    Alright, heres what I got though so far. The IP isnt a problem now from what it looks like and I have the code which will be at the bottom. A DNS error has occurred (8041040F) Again heres what I got.

1)
    My SSID is taken care of.

2)
    WLAN Security Setting is set on None.

3)
    My address settings I put in manually.

IP Address- Is what it is on my wireless router

Subnet Mask - Is what it is on my wireless router

Default Router - For this i just put my default Gateway and DHCP Server. There the same numbers.

Primary DNS - Put down the DNS code

Secondary DNS - Put down the DNS code. *I have 4*

4)
    Proxy Server is set at Do Not Use

Thats all I have set for it. The same message keeps popping up though. "A DNS error has occurred (8041040F)" Says it over and over again. could it possibly be the firewall blocking me, or some kind of security i need to turn off or what? I tried just about everything else.

User Info: Gaulet

Gaulet - 7 years ago

Answers

1. Well, first things first. You're most likely using a standard router, and you've probably tried directly in front of it. My first suggestion is to check something else can connect to it. If so, your PSP is having the error. I then suggest to see if your PSP can connect to another wifi spot to diagnose that it is the PSP having trouble connecting to your router.

Upon that, we'll check the signal of the router. It has to be wireless b IIRC. If it's not, or you're not sure, type your default gateway into your browser to get to the settings. This can be found by clicking run, typing in cmd and then in the command prompt, typing ipconfig/all.

I also recommend scanning for the connection. The PSP will automatically put in all the information that you need. There is not much information on the IP Address timed out error, I had it plenty of times, but it did happen mostly when the signal type was wrong. A DNS error with an error code can be easier to figure out, so long as we have the error code.

User Info: darksteel88

darksteel88 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. 1)
    My SSID is taken care of.

2)
    WLAN Security Setting is set on None.

3)
    My address settings I put in manually.

Primary DNS - Put down the DNS code

4)
    Proxy Server is set at Do Not Use

User Info: Gaulet

Gaulet - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. You made one mistake(not to be mean) YOU SET SETTINGS MANUALLY!!! Always, I repeat ALWAYS put *Automatic* settings, the PSP will basically ask the router it's phone number and contact info.(not really, just an example)

User Info: PrOdIgYY-Life

PrOdIgYY-Life - 3 years ago 0 0