Question from hideousfranchis

Is the psp region locked?

I am trying to find Blitz overtime and can only find it in the states but being in Europe I was wondering will it play?

Answers

vliam answered:

It should play fine. Games are not region locked on the system. UMD movies (like you can even find those) are region locked.

PlayAsia and YesAsia both list it as region-free also,
www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-is-49-en-70-26mv.html
www.yesasia.com/global/blitz-overtime-us-version/1004596861-0-0-0-en/info.html
1 0

rezpatriot answered:

I was also wondering that as the other day I also read on wikipedia that the Games were Region free and the UMDs were Region Coded. Also the PSP have different makes i.e PSP3003 and PSP3004 but this is only a model number to say what country that PSP is shipped to. I think this is mainly due to exporting from the production line to the country of sale, and the issue of Voltage.
0 0

rezpatriot answered:

unfortunately a lot of the games we want from PlayAsia will not ship to the UK.
0 0

Psp region? Answered DeadlyQuills
How do I get a PSN account of the right region and get the Prinny demo? Open NintendoDudeGuy
PSP 3000(1?) Analog Stick is "loose". How to fix it? Open waterdeepchu
How to recover my device? Open CLOUDSTRIFE6161
PSP online help? Unanswered WalrusOverlord