Question from leau

Why is my lcd screen have a "burnt" discoloration around the edges?

The screen on my psp-3000 seems to have been "burnt". That's the only way to describe the effect. There's this strange discoloration on the sides of the screen that looks like it was burnt. It's the kind of thing that looks like it would be caused by leaving it out in the sun too long, except it's never been in the sun. The discoloration isn't noticeable when the screen is off or all black.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking that this is the kind of thing that I can't fix on my own...It's under six months old, so does that mean it's still under warranty? How does sending it in work?

Answers

cancerboy87 answered:

Umm not sure but calling customer support cant hurt!
1 0

modelnumber9098 answered:

If you are still under warranty then i would suggest sending it in for sony to replace. If you have voided warranty by taking the PSP apart or the warranty has expired then i would suggst buying a new LCD screen, because the burnt effect on the screen is probably from damage to the back of the lcd screen or issues from assembling.
1 0

arceus17 answered:

Has your lcd screen been near a magnet?That might have caused it
0 0