Question from Glacoras

I have got a corrupted Game Save. Is there anyway that this can be recovered?

From: Technoid91 6 years ago

Note: This has only been tested with online game saves and 10 other games (I'm not going to go around trying to corrupt each and everyone one of my game saves...).

1. Connect your PSP to your PC via USB or wifi if possible.
2. Go into the PSP > SAVE DATA folder, and find the folder for the game you're looking for (for an easy way to tell which folder is for which game, at the top of the window, click the views icon and change it to "Thumbnails".
3. Go to GameFAQs and download a zip of ANY save file from that game (don't worry you won't have to use it). Sometimes just copying the game ID won't work because they'll have a few different numbers or letters.
4. In WinRAR (or winzip if you must), open the zip and find and copy the NAME of that folder, not the actual folder.
5. Then, change the name of the corrupted folder to the one that you have just downloaded.
6. Disconnect the USB Connection.
7. On the PSP, go under the GAME section of the XMB, go to Saved Data Utility, and check the save to make sure it is no longer a corrupted icon.
8. Enjoy!