Review by BannedAccount

"Simply amazing"

The PSP is simply the best handheld available if you have a lot of money burning a hole in your pocket. It's very pricey by the time you buy the PSP itself (Value Pack, $250) which includes; PSP Unit, 32 MB Memory Stick Duo (which is so worthless, it's laughable), Headphones with remote control, battery pack, AC Adapter, Soft Case and Cleaning Cloth, UMD demo disc that contains sample movies, music video‘s, and video game trailer‘s.

But, if you want to take full advantage of everything the PSP can do then you need a big memory stick because the one they give is really just big enough for a few game saves and a song or two. All depending on the size of the memory stick you buy, it'll cost you anywhere between $100-$250. $100.00's for the 1GB and the 2GB is the complete rip-off at $250. Oh, and to put all of this onto your PSP, you'll need a USB cable compatible with the PSP (there goes another $10). Now, don't forget the games which cost about $40-$50 each (starting to get a little depressing now, isn't it?).

Something that really bothers me about the PSP is the constant smudges getting on it. I'm not even talking about the screen, I'm talking about the PSP itself. Your finger's touching the button's leave smudges, so you'll find yourself obsessively cleaning this thing constantly with the included handy little cleaning cloth (I seriously don't know what I'd do without that thing).

Graphics:
Holy ****, some of these games are so good looking, it's unbelievable. You'll find yourself comparing them to their console version (Tony Hawk's Underground 2, for example) and you'll see there isn't a very big difference at all. I should also mention that the clarity of the screen and the size of it is freaking amazing. Watching movie's really shows off the crystal clear clarity of the screen, you truly have to see it to believe it.

Sound:
"What? I can't hear you!" *turns down volume on PSP* Ah, that's better. Anyways, the speaker's on this thing sound absolutely amazing. Everything sounds great from the sound effects in the game you're playing, to the MP3's you've put on the memory stick.

Is the PSP right for you?
Again, you need a lot of money if you want to take full advantage of the PSP's capabilities. It's very easy to transfer things to the PSP (which really surprised me) just connect the PSP to the computer using the USB cable and simply drag thing's into the appropriately named folders (i.e. MP3's go into the Music folder, etc.) If you travel a lot then I highly suggest the PSP since it does so many things. The battery life isn't as short as everyone makes it out to be. You can extend the life of it significantly by turning off the Wi-fi and not having the backlight on all of the time.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/03/05