Review by drakiller22

"Can you feel my heart pounding?"

I was never a big fan of racing games. Most of them were too boring to grab my attention but this one did. The future hovar cars are shiny, but they are more than just a pretty look. The heart-pounding speed is what makes this game worthwhile.

Game Play: 9/10

With all the vehicles to choose from, you get to test them all and pick out your favorite. You first start out in an easy league but for new comers, it is challenging enough. As you figure out how this game works, you get better but the leagues get harder. Eventually you will reach your limit and go practice a few times to go on further.

There are lots of track to choose from and many other modes to do if you had enough getting smoked in the races. There is the time trial where you aim to earn a gold metal by defeating the time. After each lap, there is a ghost of you in your previous lap and you have to keep up or go faster than it. You can also send the ghost file of yourself to a friend, so they can race you even when your not there.

The best part about this game, I believe, is the zone. Basically, you try to stay alive in the map as long as you can. The catch? You are always accelerating and you can't slow down. This is the fastest mode in the game and if you're not quick, you car is gonna smash into the wall.

Control: 9/10

I could not ask for better controls. The are very user friendly and easy to learn. You got the movement joystick, the acceleration button, weapon button, and the usual L and R to quick turn.

The graphics are wonderful. I can not stress that enough. For a psp game, it is very crisp. And if you want to feel like your the driver, you can change the view to first person. There is many beautiful tracks you can play on such as in a rural place to the bright city.

Sounds: 8/10

Its hard to find a game with great song, but wipeout does a great job with its music. They are great and help keep that adreniline up when your racing toe-to-toe with the guy in first place.

Difficulty: 9/10

There is a difficulty for everyone on this game. If you are horrible at racing game, you will find a league that is great for you. Even if you say that you are the "best", you will still find a challenge in this game. Even if you beat the game, you might wish to complete the game fully and get all the gold metal and unlocking all the cars, which is no easy task.

Replay Value: 9/10

From time to time, I still play this game. There is so many things to unlock in this game that it would take lots of time to do so. If thats not enough for you, play the Ad-Hoc multi-players with some friends and show them who is the master. And you can also go to the official sites to download more contents such as new cars, tracks, and leagues.

This game is one of my favorite racing games out there. The speed that you can achieve in this game is mind-blowing and the graphics are just as well. This game is a must have for psp users and if you don't have it, I recommend picking this up at a local gamestore, or renting it if your still doubtful.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/11/07