Review by JessicaAlbaFan

"Racing to a 10"

By far the best launch game for the psp is Wipeout Pure. It has a great sense of speed and it really gets your adrenaline pumping. Wipeout Pure is a racing game, but unlike your typical sim, this one is based on non-realistic vehicles. While it may not be realistic, but the fun factor is incredibly satisfying. Wipeout Pure takes place in the future, where driving these vehicles is very dangerous. Which makes this game even more satisfying.

There are numerous tracks for you to play. There are also many difficulties. Basically this is a racing game with weapons. When your racing at incredible speed, you can pick up items to use. You can use weapons that can be used to hit and slow down your enemy. You can use items to replenish your shields. There are also boosters that allows you to gain higher speeds. Each vehicle has its ups and downs. I usually try to pick the most balanced one. You can also play through Wi-Fi and try the multiplayer out.

The music in this game is more on the lines of techno. The beats are fast and furious. It gets you into the flow of things when you are racing. The voice in the beginning sounds a bit weird, but overall it isn't too bad. Anyways, back to the music, which really fits the mood. Wipeout Pure has some of the better music in any games I have played recently.

There is infinite amount of play time because you can play this whenever your on the go. The game is very addictive, and I found myself playing this for a long time. Also, when taking a road trip this game can ease the pain. It is easy to pick up, yet this game is still extremely deep. From the wide range of tracks to the mayhem of the racing, this game is simply wonderful.

The graphics are also beautiful. The game looks and plays very well. The cars, while not realistic, still offers a highly detailed model. What really surprised me is with all the things going on, the game still plays very smoothly.

Overall, I say this game is a must have. It is near flawless. There is plenty of play time here and each minute is an experience in itself. The fun factor is through the roof. So go out and get this game now!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/01/05