Review by MoeBear

"Now this is what you call a Good Video Game"

INTRO
PSP finally put out a great action adventure platform game. It's about time, I say. Just to start out this game is about dead characters, zombies, ghouls and, dead creatures. It has gore, violence and is dark and gloomy. If you do not like this type of game settings, then obviously you will hate this, and this is not for you. You must be a horror fan of some sort to like this style. This is not one of your family games. Killing things is a big part in this game, so for they week hearted, please stay away.

STORY
The story here is pretty cool, and the animation that goes along with it, is tremendous. Another thing it is a sarcastic game. Besides violence it has lots of slapstick humor all over the joint. This is one part that makes this game great. Ok lets get started the story here is simple. An evil wizard from the past has come back to terrorise everyone. He has risen the dead and plans to take over the world with his undead army. Our hero, you of course, is Sir Dan, hes dead too, but has come back to life with everyone else is going to stop him. Or die trying? It doesn't matter cause you dead already, can't get any more dead then him. Trust me when you see him, you will know what I mean. He is a hero from the past, which he has done this before, and now he is going to do it all over again, but only in a corpse form. Hey, you can't ask for a more fun story then this.

GAME PLAY
Another strong point for this game, just pure simple fun. Starts out easy, and gets crazy hard towards the end. The asylum, I found almost impossible to clear, but I did it after a while, so if I can do it, so can everyone else out there. You play as Sir Dan. You have different quests to complete in each level. Each level is unique and exciting. But your basics is still the same, re-kill all the undead creatures, zombies, or animal. You start out with a lame wooden sword, but don't worry; you pick up tons of great weapons as you progress along. There are little shops hidden in places you need to discover. There you can upgrade weapons, shields, and buy life if you need it. This is fun hack and slash game play. That's what it's really all about from start to finish. If you don't like hacking and slashing, then you might get bored. Don't get me wrong you do need to use your head to complete these quests, or you going to be stuck in a board for a long time.

APPEARANCE
Very well done, everyone is so cool looking. Like I said before the animation is excellent. Everything looks top notch from start to finish. The graphics are really good. The appearances of the different levels are very well done. Can't find a bad thing to say about this. Well maybe you can complain some of the boards are too dark and you can't see where you are going, but this game was designed to be dark and gloomy. Maybe a little bit less darker wouldn't of been that bad. Once you play with this for a while you pretty much know what to expect and the movement in the dark boards becomes child's play. The camera controls and angles are excellent too! The sound and audio is another strong point about this game too. Like I said before this is a great game.

OVERALL
I don't want to say too much and ruin it for people that want to play this game or never played it yet. The replay value on this for me is high, I always found myself going back and trying to clear a level 100 percent. In order to do that you need to kill everything and find the chalice hidden in places. Or you can go back and play the many mini games. One bad thing about the ranged weapons of Sir Dan is they are not that accurate. They should of put some kind of locking device so you can see where you aiming and throwing. Oh well, nobody's perfect. This is a solid title for the PSP and you should check it out.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/26/07