Review by Netborg

"The Dead Hero makes a gallant return to the PSP"

Intro:
Most people will remember back to the first MediEvil games on the Playstation 1. They were an all new idea - playing as a dead, failed hero on a quest to earn a place as a true hero. well, the same amazing team who brought you MediEvil have 'resurrected' it for the PSP.

Graphics:
The graphics for MediEvil Resurrection are amazing - they are fresh and smooth giving it effective movement. They seem to have improved since the last 2 games, and have given it a fresh new look for the PSP. The CG Videos are amazing and give the main character Sir Dan some great expressions - which is hard with a missing lower jaw!
The levels are brilliantly done - the areas are dark and well coloured. The best places I think would be the Haunted Ruins, the Ghost Ship and the Hall of Heroes.
9/10

Sound:
The music for this game is excellent - it is very gothic and horror-y, which is good for a game like MediEvil. It doesn't make the game seem too kiddy - more like a Quest to save a cursed kingdom.
The Voice Acting for the game has to be THE best thing for the game. having Tom Baker voice Death and the Narrator was a great choice. Especially with the introduction to each of the levels. It gives the game a comedic side, which is very helpful for this game. Sir Dan's voice has also been well done with the way that he doesn't sound like he has his lower jaw. The Enchanted Forest fairies are also very well done with their gangster type voices.
10/10

Controls:
The controls are simple to use, and not difficult to learn. The controls all seem to be in the correct areas which is helpful. There is no need to really change the configuration of them.
10/10

Gameplay:
There is a lot to be done in MediEvil - the main story, chalice quests and the mini-games. There is a lot to do within the game including the fighting, the secret areas and the many weapons to find and experiment with. The only thing I feel that lets the game down is that the levels are a tiny bit short and also the fact that there don't seem to be enough levels. That doesn't mean the game isn't good though! I think it's a game that you can play over and over without getting bored.
8/10

Final Score:
Putting all of this together, I think the game is amazing. It doesn't reach a full 10 due to the small put down with the gameplay. I suggest buying this game if you loved the originals or just want something fun to play. Its an amazing game that deserves the score it received. Don't make the mistake of not getting it!
9/10