Review by 7tailedcancer

"This game is worth everyones time."

I walked into the Pandora's cube near my house one day and noticed a PSP game on display called Tales of Eternia. After thinking about it I decided to try it out. So I went ahead and bought myself a copy. Twenty minutes later I found myself unable to pull myself away from the wonderment that was unfurling before me.

Imagine that above our heads in the sky lied not the nothingness that is outer space but instead another world. Now imagine that there has been no communication between our world and the one above our heads. Then one day while talking to your best friend a ship comes soaring through the sky and crashes no more then twenty feet from where you stand. Upon investigating the crash site you find a girl that clames to have come from the world in the sky and that there is a situation unfolding that can have catastrophic effects upon both our worlds. That's just what happens during the first half-hour.

Controls: 10/10
The controls are what you would expect from a RPG. The one aspect of this game that deviates from the norm is the way combat unfolds. It's not turn based but real time. So while your trying to figure which one of the enemies to attack our which spell to use your opponents are doing there best to make sure you never see the light of day again. While you do control one of your characters, the AI takes care of controlling the rest of your party. Overall the controls are highly responsive and feel perfect for a game such as this.

There where time that I had to stop playing to make sure that it was my PSP that I was holding and not a playstation controller. For a PSP game the graphics are very sharp and highly impressive. Although I must admit that on the graphics on the world map could have been made a little sharper there is no disputing just how incredible everything looks. Also, although few in number the game also sports some CGI cutscenes AND animated cutscenes that are very pleasing to the eye.

No song or tune ever sounds out of place our unnecessary for the situation. . During the course of the game there are multiple scenes that will have the characters talking to one another. The voice actors that where used definitely earned their pay. This game houses some of the best voice acting that I have ever heard for a PSP game. One thing is for sure, your ears will never get tired of hearing the games musical score or the characters voices.

The best PSP game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Even to loading times are impressive. The longest load I had to sit through was four seconds and that was when I was loading my save. A true masterpiece.

Rent or Buy: Every PSP owner should own this game. Definitely worth buying.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/27/06