Question from PoisonBurn

Magic Pot, why can't i find him?

I'm having a lot of trouble finding magic pot, i've gone to the missions where he should be at, but he isn't appearing, is he out in the open or a random encounter that should take like 100+ fights to find.....cause i've been fighting a lot in mission 2-2-6 too find him and can't find him anywhere checked the other ones as well, need this so i can get the genji shield and he's pretty useful.

How exactly do i find him? that's all i really need to know.

Original_Icefur answered:

Magic Pots encounter rates are lower than a normal enemies, but even so it's still all random most of the time. Unfortunately the only advice I can offer you is to keep battling and always be prepared.
3 1

Answers

Jimcamx answered:

I know what you mean, he's a real bastard to get to appear, but he is there if you search around enough. Personally I found that it appears more commonly in some random encounter sites than others. In 2-2-6 I believe I was mostly using the random battle site just before the final enemy of the stage.
0 0

deadsnake01 answered:

I find the magic pot guy all the time on the master tonbery mission
0 0

RJGamer1990 answered:

I found him on 10-2-3
It's quite easy just walk around the caves behind the area you begin at he'll pop up as a random encounter.
0 0

RJGamer1990 answered:

I found him on 10-2-3
0 0

EvilAceZ answered:

To get genji shield,
You will need to use the following spells on the Magic Pot (Encounter Monster ONLY) in Mission 7-6-6: Gil Toss, Costly Punch, 99999 Damage, Octaslash (Pray that the DMW reels at Sephiroth, it takes luck to do that, got it in first attempt without using Sephiroth DMW Materia)
1 0