Review by Bect

"Ugh, I can't believe I bought a PSP for this game..."

I have always made it a point to get every single system that comes out since the Nintendo 64. I just recently got my PSP and I am awaiting a 360 for Oblivion. The sole purpose of my buying a PSP was so I could play Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade. I didn't bother reading any reviews anywhere about the game. I remember being so excited once I got my PSP and the game. I was shocked once I started playing the game. This is the only game I have ever regretted buying.

Wow. This has to be the most repetitive and mindless game I have ever played. It was truly terrible. You play as one of four different character types that aren't really customizable. You have to play through the same mission styles over and over again. It's as simple as killing monsters endlessly. The game was so easy. I quit once I got out of the first area. I immediately put the game up for auction on Ebay. At least I got $20 out of it. Do Not Buy This Game! The only reason this game should be played is if you need to get to sleep or you want to make your eyes bleed. This game gets old really fast.

Controls: 5/10
You have your standard controls here. The analog stick is used to move your character around the map and you attack with X from what I can remember. I should remember because I mashed that button constantly.

Music: 5/10
I could expect this music from Willow on the Nintendo Entertainment System, not a PSP game. The PSP is a wonderful device and it was cursed with this game and there is nothing good about it. The music is really dull and boring.

I have to give this games appearance credit. It looked very beautiful. I was amazed at how gorgeous everything looked and I was not upset about that. Since this was my first PSP game, I didn't really know what to expect. The visual beauty of this game still sticks in my head. It reminds me of my favorite game. Morrowind. The forest looked somewhat nice.

Replay Value: 0/10
This game has no replay value. It hardly even has first play value. I am normally a person who will not give up on a game ever. This was the first game I have played that I haven't beaten. It was just so repetitive and mindless. I don't know how I could even stand playing it at all. I'm having more fun writing my review than I did playing this game.

The map: 5/10
From what I saw of the map, it seemed to be a cliche dungeon crawler map that you would find in any gauntlet game you may have played. The map is very linear and gives the player no option for exploration.

Please, save yourself the money and buy a good game. I can't recommend any. I only had this game. Now my PSP sits on my desk collecting dust. Please, read reviews and value each reviewers opinion.

I am usually a fan of RPG's and FPS. If you like those types of gameplay. Consider what I have said in this review and save your money.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 03/10/06