Review by IMJUSTAFREAK

"You won't regret it"

How RockStar managed to get a full GTA game on the PSP is beyond me. This game should show other PSP developers that this system is not just some half ass game console.

Sit down and enjoy my review.

We have all seen it before it's nothing new. Big bad touch guy tries to work his way up through the criminal empire. Except this one is a little different. You were already top dog, but you killed a made man so now you have been laying low. You return to Liberty City to start your DESTRUCTION. Buildings blow up, people will die, you may even notice a few changes to the city.

Truly great. Everything sounds so good even if you're just standing around the city.I especially like the guns. When you get close to the water you can even hear the waves. The only problem I have is the Soundtrack is not as memorable as other games from RockStar.

Graphics:9/10

I don't think it would be too big of a leap and say this game looks better than GTA 3. If you did a side by side comparison of the two this would look better. Though not the best looking PSP game, for GTA it's damn good.

Game play:10/10

This game is exactly what PSP owners have been waiting for. If you want a GOOD portable GTA this is the game for you. I won't go into detail because most likely anyone who reads this is already familiar with GTA. Even with the lack of a second analog stick this game is still incredible. Though if you're looking for tons of extra features like in San Andreas you wil be disappointed. That isn't to say this game is lacking in "fun", it's just not as heavily covered with extras as San Andreas. Also if you hope to fly I will tell you now you can't. If you want to you can hop in a boat and go cruising for people to kill though.

Replay Value/Extras

There are activities you can do throughout the City for fun and rewards. Just your standard GTA fun...only on a smaller screen. Different costumes,unlockable cars,more weapons, and they still have the vigilante missions too. Plus if you get bored with all that you can always just experiment with killing helpless pedestrians.

Final Thoughts

If any PSP owner is doubtful of getting this don't worry. All the core elements of GTA are still here. Which is mildly disappointing because I would have liked to be able to climb...... Either way you can't go wrong with this game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/18/08

Game Release: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (US, 10/24/05)