Review by mashpotatoking

"GTA For PSP OH YEAH"

The Grand Theft Auto series has been going quite strong now for the last couple of years. Millions of people have played these games, and have enjoyed them, and many of those fans will surly pick up this game. Well, one thing that the GTA fans may not know is that this particular GTA title is that it goes in a different direction. Liberty City Stories goes for more of the fast paced action, then a great story. That doesn't mean that this isn't a good game, it just means that it is aiming for a different audience. GTA Liberty City Stories is an action packed, interesting, fun roller coaster ride, and will keep you playing for a long time.

As many people know, the Grand Theft Auto games have been plagued with controversy. This game is no different from the others, and is still the same 'ole fun that we have come to know and love. Tons of blood, gore, violence language, mature content, and drugs to keep you satisfied until the new GTA game.

GTA Liberty City Stories actually kind of disappointed me with the story. This is unusual, because I almost always love the stories of this series. Toni, (Who was the main character in GTA 3) has gotten out of jail, and now it's time to get back to his city. So he meets up with a new Mob boss, and he help him deal his business with the boss's various colleagues. This storyline is thought out, but there is just not enough of it, and for some of the time it will begin to bore you. But, if you are looking for a game with a decent story and tons of in your face action....

Then this is your game young children!!!!!! Game play was pushed to the max in this title, and the weapons, cars, and cheap hookers are all here! Basically, the game sets you in the middle of the city and lets you decide whether you want to do the missions, or go around and create harvic. You can get a great variety of weapons from pistols, to baseball bats. All rules that have been set in our lives can be broken, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any coincidences. After so much carnage, the police will eventually come looking for you, and this is when the fun starts. You get little stars at the top of your screen after you do so much evil things, and when you get more stars, the police will bring out more reinforcements like tanks and helicopters. This is extremely entertaining and this alone makes the game have unlimited replayability. The missions are fun, and hardly ever get boring. You can drive all through the city, so it's not in the same place the whole time either. Overall, I was hoping that the game would stack up the console versions, game play wise, and it most certainly did.

Now, the GTA series has never been known for the best graphics, and this game is no exception. That's not to say that this game doesn't look great as a handheld. For the PSP, this is probably the best looking game out there. All of the scenery in this game is done out extremely well, all of the cars look real and colorful, and the people look, well, actually, the people look really cruddy. But anyways, everything else looks great on the PSP and I couldn't name another handheld game that is better.

Liberty City James, Head radio, these are some of the music stations that you can listen to when you ride in a car, or when you go to the menu screen. There are over 6 radio stations to listen to, and each of them give you a different kind of music. Liberty City Jams has rap. Head Radio heads R&b. Every car has a radio, do it brings some more enjoyment to the already entertaining car rides. The other thing that is simply fantastic in this game is the voice acting. This is one of the first games in handheld history to have full voice acting, and the thing is, the voices are really good. Overall, listening to some crazy beats as you out race the police while people cuss you out from the streets. Priceless.

Like I said before, this game has an unlimited amount of Replayability. There are a huge amount of side quests to do. There are Fire truck missions where you go around and tend fires. There are Dump truck missions, where you pick up trash and take it back to the dump in a certain amount of time. There are even policeman missions where you can race around in a police car and chase criminals down. This is extremely no linear, and will give you hours of stuff to do.

After a long look at the game the final question comes around the corner, knocking at my door. "Should I buy or Rent this game?" If you are mature enough, and like gruesome and action packed games, then yes. This is a game with a bunch of great things to do, and a great soundtrack. The story's a little off, but it's one of the best games on the PSP.

8/10