Monster Guide by Storm_Skyflyer
Version: 1 | Updated: 2010-10-19
Table of Contents
I had to spend hours trying to find all the information about monster data so I decided to compile the information into a more comprehensive and hopefully more complete guide
Notes and Acknowledgements
I drew up this simple but helpful chart
- Please note that each type is aligned with either dark or light, if you are fighting a monster that is aligned dark, say ice with a monster that is light say fire all attacks are more effective than if both monsters share alignment.
Monster Type Chart
Notes and Acknowledgements
This Chart was originally made by BeyondLegend in an excel sheet so all credit to this chart goes to him.
I am double checking everything for accuracy and trying to fill in the few gaps there are.(so far I have confirmed the info on monsters 1-19)
- Each character can carry 3 jewels at a time and you have a party of 3 so that is a total of 9 monsters you can have with you, please note however each character can only send out one of their monsters at a time. Any additional monster you catch are put into the monster storage accessible through the monolith. When you catch a monster you have the option to switch it with one of your own, if you choose not to it gets sent back to the monolith.
- Number in Parenthesis is how many total Quarts must be fused into the monster, You must have at least the number of specified quarts(first number) as listed you can use any quart to get the total.
- For example to evolve Wyvern into King Wyvern it must have 10 wind and a total of 20 quarts fused into it so you could fuse 10 wind, 5 fire, 5 earth to evolve it
- Please also not that some monsters must evolve between a specified time
- For example to get steel Wyvern you must evolve fuse Dark Wyvern with 10 dark quarts and a total of 30 quarts last fusion must end between 11pm and 3Am
|ID||Element||Monster||Evolved From||Evolved to|
|1||Wind||King Wyvern||Wyvern + Wind 10(20)|
|2||Wind||Baby Wyvern||N/A||Wyvern, Dark Wyvern, King Wyvern|
|3||Wind||Wyvern||Baby Wyvern + Wind 5(5)||King Wyvern|
|4||Dark||Dark Wyvern||Baby Wyvern + Dark 5(10)||Steel Wyvern|
|5||Fire||Fire Wyvern||Baby Wyvern + Fire 5(10)|
|7||Earth||Behemoth||Baby Behemoth + Earth 5(10)||Dark Behemoth|
|8||Dark||Dark Behemoth||King Behemoth|
|9||Dark||King Behemoth||Dark Behemoth + Dark 10(30) Behemoth +10 Dark(20)||Steel Behemoth|
|11||Ice||Frost Wolf||Wolf + Ice 5(5)||Stone Wolf, Thunder Wolf, Ice Wolf|
|12||Earth||Stone Wolf||Frost Wolf + Earth 10(20)|
|13||Thunder||Thunder Wolf||Frost Wolf + Thunder 10(20)|
|14||Ice||Ice Wolf||Frost Wolf + Ice 10(20)||Fenrir|
|15||Dark||Steel Wyvern||Dark Wyvern + Dark 10(30) Between 11PM ~ 3AM|
|16||Dark||Steel Behemoth||King Behemoth + Dark 10(30) Between 11PM ~ 3AM|
|17||Ice||Fenrir||Ice Wolf + Ice 10(30) Between 6PM ~ 6AM|
|19||Earth||Giant Armadillo||Armadillo + Earth 5(10)||Rhino|
|20||Earth||Rhino||Giant Armadillo + Earth 10(20)||Triceratops, Mammoth|
|21||Earth||Triceratops||Rhino + Earth 10(20)|
|22||Ice||Mammoth||Rhino + Ice 10(20)|
|24||Fire||Dragon||Baby Dragon + Fire 5(10)||Thunder Dragon, Fire Dragon|
|25||Thunder||Thunder Dragon||Dragon + Thunder 10(20)||Sacred Dragon|
|26||Fire||Fire Dragon||Dragon + Fire 10(20||Sacred Dragon|
|27||Light||Sacred Dragon||Thunder Dragon + Light 10(30) or Fire Dragon + Light 10(30) Between 6AM~6PM|
|28||Water||Forest Dragon||Sea Dragon, Poison Dragon|
|29||Water||Sea Dragon||Forest Dragon + Water 10(10)|
|30||Dark||Poison Dragon||Forest Dragon + Dark 10~20??(?) Between 7PM~10PM|
|31||Wind||Fay Hare||Pixy Hare|
|32||Wind||Pixy Hare||Fay Hare + Wind 5(5)||Elf Hare, Sacred Hare, Dark Hare|
|33||Wind||Elf Hare||Pixy Hare + Wind 10(10)|
|34||Light||Sacred Hare||Pixy Hare + Light 10(20) Between 10AM~4PM|
|35||Dark||Dark Hare||Pixy Hare + Dark 10(20) Between 11PM~3AM|
|36||Fire||Lion||Fire Lion, Wind Lion, Blue Lion|
|37||Fire||Fire Lion||Lion + Fire 5(5)||Ashen Lion|
|38||Wind||Wind Lion||Lion + Wind 5(10)|
|39||Water||Blue Lion||Lion + Water 5(10)|
|40||Fire||Ashen Lion||Fire Lion + Fire 10(20)||Sacred Lion|
|41||Dark||Steel Griffin||Griffin + Dark ?(??) 11PM~3AM|
|43||Light||Sacred Lion||Ashen Lion + Light 10(30) Between 6AM~6PM|
|44||Water||Stone Tortoise||Mithirl Tortoise, Crystal Tortoise|
|45||Water||Mithril Tortoise||Stone Tortoise + Water 5(10)|
|46||Ice||Crystal Tortoise||Stone Tortoise + Ice 5(10)|
|47||Fire||Fire Tortoise||Magma Tortoise|
|48||Fire||Magma Tortoise||Fire Tortoise + Fire 5(15)|
|49||Thunder||Mystic Hawk||Tropical Bird|
|51||Wind||Roc||Thunder Vulture + Wind 5(10|
|52||Fire||Phoenix||Tropical Bird + Fire 5(10)|
|54||Water||Tropical Bird||Mystic Hawk + Water 5(5)||Phoenix|
|55||Water||El Birdo||Ella Bird|
|56||Water||Ella Bird||El Birdo + Water 5(15) Between ?~? (Morning|
|58||Wind||Royal Crane||Crane + Wind 5(15) Between ?~? (Morning)|
|60||Thunder||Beetle||Capterpillar + Thunder 5(5) Between 4AM~5AM||Crystal Beetle|
|61||Wind||Crystal Beetle||Beetle + Wind 5(10)||Beetle King|
|62||Fire||Beetle King||Crystal Beetle + Fire 10(20)|
|63||Earth||Scorpion||Sand Worm + Earth 5(5)||Mantis|
|64||Water||Mantis||Scorpion + Water 5(10)||Mantis Queen|
|65||Ice||Mantis Queen||Mantis + Ice 10(20)|
|67||Thunder||Thunder Golem||Golem + Earth 15|
|68||Fire||Magma Golem||Armored Golem|
|69||Dark||Armored Golem||Magma Golem + Fire 5(15)|
|71||Light||Kelpie||Horned Mare + Wind 5(10)||Unicorn|
|72||Light||Unicorn||Kelpie + Light 5(10)|
|74||Light||Trent||Young Trent + Light 5(10)||Snow Trent|
|75||Light||Snow Trent||Trent + Light 5(15)|
|76||Light||Palm Trent||Snow Trent + Light 10(20) Between 10AM~?? (Morning)|
|77||Thunder||Baby Kirin||Kirin, Fire Kirin, Frost Kirin|
|78||Thunder||Kirin||Baby Kirin + Thunder 5(5)||Silver Kirin|
|79||Thunder||Silver Kirin||Kirin + Thunder 10(20)||Golden Kirin|
|80||Thunder||Golden Kirin||Silver Kirin + Thunder 20(40)|
|91||Water||Frog Lord||Frog Man + Water 5(15)|
|92||Ice||Sahagin Lord||Sahagin Man + Ice 5(15)|
|94||Dark||Reaper||Pixy Devil + Dark 5(10) Night|
|96||Light||Angel Kitten||Pixy Devil + Light 10(10)? Morning|
|97||Water||Blue Ray||Desert Ray, Steel Ray|
|98||Fire||Desert Ray||Blue Ray + Fire 5||Storm Ray|
|99||Thunder||Storm Ray||Desert Ray + Any 15|
|100||Dark||Steel Ray||Blue Ray + Dark 10(30) Between 11PM~3AM|
|101||Earth||Viper||Blue Ray + Dark 10(30) Between 11PM~3AM||Naga|
|102||Earth||Naga||Viper + Earth 5(15)||Shenron|
|103||Light||Deus||Naga + Light 10(20) Between 6AM~6PM|
|105||Light||Licht||Deepest level of "???"|
|106||Dark||Schatten||Deepest level of "???"|
|107||Wind||Anemos||Amalgamate with "Icarus Wings"|
|108||Water||Ningnir||Amalgamate with "Solomon's Ring"|
|109||Ice||Tatsukko||Amalgamate with "Stuffed Dragon"|
|110||Fire||Kagutsuchi||Amalgamate with "Easter Egg"|
Notes and Acknowledgements
This section was written entirely by me as I spent a good deal of time in each area checking what monsters there were. It does NOT include monsters that were events, just catchable monsters that are natural to the area.
- Please keep in mind that this is still a work in progress
|Training Grounds||Baby Kirin, Caterpillar, Fay Hare, Fire Tortoise, Sand Worm, Sahagin, Stone Tortoise,|
|Old Road||El Birdo, Golem, Sahagin, Sand Worm, Stone Tortoise, Wolf|
|New Road||Baby Behemoth, Baby Dragon, Baby Kirin, Birdman, El Birdo, Fay Hare, Frost Wolf, Golem, Sahagin, Sand Worm, Stone Tortoise, Wolf|
|Light House||Baby Dragon, Baby Kirin, Baby Wyvern, Bird Man, Caterpillar, Fay Hare, Fire Tortoise, Frost Kirin, Frost Wolf, Horned Mare, Lion, Pixy Hare, Snow Trent, Stone Tortoise, Thunder Vulture, Trent, Tropical Bird, Wyvern|
Notes and Acknowledgements
This is where I will be putting the Compendium monster profile data, copied word for word from the game.
- Please keep in mind that this is still a work in progress
|1||King Wyvern||The King of the Skies has powerful wings that can create a gust of wind strong enough to blow the feathers off a small bird.|
|2||Baby Wyvern||An Infant wyvern with clawed wings that enable it to be nimble, even though it isnt skilled at flying.|
|3||Wyvern||A dragon that can ne longer fly well because it has become to muscular. Walking seems to be easier for it.|
|4||Dark Wyvern||A wyvern that has gained the power of darkness after living in the dark for many years. However it can no longer fly high.|
|5||Fire Wyvern||A fire-clad wyvern that lives near deserts and valcanoes. It dies when the flames on its body are extinguished.|
|6||Baby Behemoth||This infant has sharp fangs and scaled arms. It is curious and very interested in human tools.|
|7||Behemoth||The scales on its arms serve as shields. It has a short temper and cant be stopped once it begins wreaking havoc.|
|8||Dark Behemoth||Its blood-soaked fangs convey its ferocity. It can smell blood from afar, and once it finds the source, its all over.|
|9||King Behemoth||With its supernatural strength and shielded arms, this creature of darkness is a formidable foe.|
|10||Wolf||A wild beast that attacks livestock. However, if one builds a relationship with it while its young, it will become a lifelong friend.|
|11||Frost Wolf||Although humans use tamed frost wolves for hunting, wild frost wolves can be fierce, attacking in small packs.|
|12||Stone Wolf||This wolf likes to eat igneous rocks and appears frequently near volcanoes. It doesnt like to get wet, so it hates hot springs.|
|13||Thunder Wolf||Although its coat is not electrically charged, one must be careful of its sharp steel fur.|
|14||Ice Wolf||It travels the world in search of food, bringing cold weather to the places it visits.|
|15||Steel Wyvern||Appears during starless nights. The embodiment of anger and sadness, seeking only death and destruction.|
|16||Steel Behemoth||This monster has given in to the darkness. Its fists of destruction are a manifestation of repressed anger and sadness.|
|17||Fenrir||A fierce ice beast that can bring about calamitous blizzards. Only the chains of friendship can bind its supernatural strength.|
|18||Armadillo||An easygoing beast that sleeps and average of 18 hours a day. If its slumber is disturbed, it will attack while still half asleep.|
|23||Baby Dragon||This small dragon yearns to grow big and strong. It trains in low altitudes so that one day it will be able to fly long distances.|
|24||Dragon||This mythical creature is said to live for hundreds of years. It commemorates the names of heroic dragons of ages past.|
|25||Thunder Dragon||Also called Lightning God for its ability to command lightning, this dragon is the strongest of its species.|
|27||Sacred Dragon||This dragon controls the holy light. It is highly intelligent and can even understand human languages.|
|31||Fay Hare||Its basic nature is to help the wounded. It digs its nest in soft earth and lives among extended families.|
|32||Pixy Hare||Since it flies by flapping its ears, it has difficulty hearing while in flight. Its spatial perception is guided by its sense of smell.|
|33||Elf Hare||Loves to eat nectar of a sweet scented flower that only grows in warm climates with heavy precipitation.|
|36||Lion||Full of pride the cat is in training to one day become the king of the beasts.|
|42||Caterpillar||Its repulsive appearance is a defensive mechanism to protect it from enemies. But up close its actually quite cute.|
|44||Stone Tortoise||This tortoise camouflages itself as a rock during the day by drawing its arms and legs into its shell.|
|47||Fire Tortoise||Its always running around because the flames on its back are so hot. When it dies, the flames engulf it, leaving nothing but ash.|
|49||Mystic Hawk||This Birds long cockscomb allows it to turn sharply in flight. As this shrinks, the bird loses its ability to fly fast.|
|50||Thunder Vulture||This scavenger uses electricity to hunt, discharging hundreds of volts on its unsuspecting prey.|
|52||Phoenix||A mythical bird said to be alive since ancient times. Legend says the secret to immortality is in its blood.|
|54||Tropical Bird||This bird stores large amounts of water in its stomach, only to spit it out at enemies.|
|55||El Birdo||It doesnt look like a wild monster due to its plump figure, which it maintains daily. The amount of food it eats is astonishing.|
|59||Sand Worm||A larva that not only eats the moss growing on a rock, but the rock itself. It is said to grow into a pupa.|
|66||Golem||A life form that exists only to protect the ruins. It clearly differs from other organisms, but its origin is a mystery.|
|70||Horn Mare||Its gentleness and ability to run fast make this beast a highly desired form of transportation. Just dont stand behind it.|
|74||Trent||A crab-like organism that lived in symbiosis with a tree on its back until the tree withered. A sign of luck for married couples.|
|75||Snow Trent||Although it looks as if snow has fallen upon on its tuft, this monster is actually creating the precipitation.|
|77||Baby Kirin||This infant can be found playing with other kirins in forests and grasslands. Its fun spirited and cant resist playing tricks.|
|81||Fire Kirin||The heat this fire-clad being emits can be felt even at a great distance, yet it doesnt burn the flesh of those near it.|
|83||Frost Kirin||This mythical beast acquired the power of ice to guide those on the verge of death into a peaceful slumber.|
|85||Bird Man||A bird whose wings evolved into human-like arms. Its intelligent and capable of creating weapons.|
|86||Hawk Man||Although it cannot fly no matter how furiously it flaps its wings, it can still be found training in its spare time.|
|88||Sahagin||This amphibian uncharacteristically likes to live in dry places. It excretes oil to prevent its skin from drying out.|
|97||Blue Ray||Once thought to be a crocodile that evolved legs over time, it is actually a shark that grew wings.|
|101||Viper||If two viper infants are orphaned, they will chase each others tails endlessly.|
|106||Schatten||An evil god that was born from the abyss. It lends its power to those filled with desire, eliminating their enemies.|
|107||Anemos||A Guardian beast that presides over the wind. It is known as the Fleeting Assassin for its agility and ferociousness.|
|109||Tatsukko||A guardian beast that presides over ice. Its body has already perished and only its soul remains.|
|110||Kagutsuchi||A guardian beast that presides over fire. Its scorching flames will incinerate anything that comes near it.|
Notes and Acknowledgements
This section of the faq was written by snkupo
- Q: I summoned another Monster, but my LP value was left unchanged!
- A: The LP value belongs to the characters in your party, not your Monsters.
- Q: To evolve a Monster, I need to fuse a jewel with lots of Quartz stones, but hey, I can't fit that many stones in one fusion.
- A: You can carry out several fusions. When you've fused enough Quartz stones into a jewel, the Monster will evolve. It doesn't matter how many fusions you carry out as long as the required number of Quartz stones are fused into the jewel. You can also add more Quartz to ongoing fusions.
- Q: Ok, but won't it be hard for me to keep track of how many Quartz of each type I've fused into a jewels, since I have to carry out several fusions?
- A: On each Monster's status screen, you can check what kind of, and how many Quartz stones have been fused with the Monster's jewel.
- Q: I'm confused! What's the difference between a Monster and a jewel?
- A: Monsters are kept inside jewels. Equipping or altering a jewel is the same thing as 'equipping' or altering the Monster inside. There's no difference.
- Q: I can't seem to use Amalgamy on my Monsters!
- A: Only Monsters that are stored in the Monolith can be used in Amalgamy.
- Q: So, where do I use Amalgamy?
- A: In the Amalgamy Lab at The Order's island.
- Q: What can I do with Amalgamy?
- A: Evolve Monsters, learn them new abilities, and boost their stats.
- Q: Is there a level requirement that I need to fill before evolving a Monster?
- A: No, you can evolve Monsters at any level.
- Q: My Monster evolved faster than you said it would -- I didn't have to spend as many Quartz stones as you said.
- A: Don't worry. Fusion Amalgamy is not 100% stable. There will be small differences all the time, no matter what you do.
- Q: My monsters can only have 4 abilities each. Is there a way to expand this?
- A: In most cases, you can earn a fifth ability slot by fusion 12 quartz stones into the monster in question. It doesn't matter what kind of quartz you use.
- Q: How do I earn Amalgamy Points?
- A: Win battles or recycle Monsters from the Monolith.
- Q: Where can I find the Monolith?
- A: In The Monolith building on The Order's island.
- Q: How many Monsters are there in Jewel Summoner?
- A: 110 different ones.
- Q: How do I get Quartz stones?
- A: Buy them from item shops. Monsters drop them as well.
- Q: Where do I get prisms?
- A: Buy them from the item shop in Azure Monde. Monsters drop them as well.
- Q: What are prisms used for?
- A: Catching Monsters. I.e. Fire Monsters can be caught by using Fire prisms.
- Q: Where are the strongest monsters in the game found?
- A: There's lots of them in the '???' dungeon.
- Q: When I try to catch Monsters, they always run away!
- A: Try catching them after lowering their LP.
- Q: What does LP and JP mean?
- A: LP is health, while JP is Jewel Power, which is consumed by using abilities.
- Q: I always seem to run out of JP way faster than I'd like to.
- A: This is why you should have several Monsters with you. If one runs out of JP, simply use another Monster.
- Q: What happens if one of my party members gets defeated in battle?
- A: He or she will be unable to fight, but after the battle, they'll get 1 LP.
- Q: What does my Summoner Rank mean?
- A: A higher rank means that you will be able to control stronger Monsters, have a bigger amount of maximum LP, and sometimes, it even gives you more options at the Amalgamy Lab. Your rank rises as you progress through the storyline.
- Q: My monster does not evolve, even though i use the correct materials.
- A: Some monsters can only be evolved at certain times a day. This includes the popular Caterpillar monsters. Please check the chart and double check the current time on your psp
If you have information not listed her feel free to email me so I can update. Remember to put 'Jewel Summoner' in the subject, so that I won't mistake your mail for being spam.