Review by TylerDenton

"LocoRoco; escape from the hideous violence and substance abuse of today's popular games."

If you're tired of the same old genres that no publisher ever seems to step out of, you may want to try out LocoRoco for the PSP. The entire game seems to bend the platformer genre, with fun, innovative quirks making it a great experience to play or watch.

Gameplay: 9.0
To put it bluntly, LocoRoco is a sheer blast to play. The ease to controls means that you will be navigating the levels like a pro, but it also means that you can show even more in-experienced gamers how fun this game is. If you want to slowly introduce someone into game this might be the game to do it with.

Graphics: 8.7
Even though the graphics are simplistic in nature, this game has a real artistic look and feel to it. The animation of the LocoRoco rolling throughout the level is really fluid and looks really nice on the PlayStation Portable screen.

Sound: 8.9
The game has a very unique sound to it and I really like it. The entire game has a very cheerful sound to it, which makes you want to progress into the game even more.

Difficulty: Medium
The game is really easy to get the hang of, but that does not mean that it will not have its challenges in later levels.

Concept: 8.8
I love the entire idea of LocoRoco; this is a great game that everyone should be able to play. This is a game that the whole family can play together.

Multiplayer: N/A
At the time of this review I was unable to test out the wireless features of this game.

Overall: 9.0
LocoRoco is a really great game that is so simple and challenging at the same time that it just keeps players coming back for more. This is a game that you can show all the people that like to condemn videogames for everything that is going wrong with society that shows that not all videogames have to contain violence to be fun. If you see this game in stores I would suggest you pick it up to see for your self that rolling around is really fun to do.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/16/07