Review by bloodwatch

"Excellent game. What an RPG should be like."

Story 10/10
The story in this game is surprisingly, very good. Like other RPG's, it has a very epic storyline that is made clear to you as you progress along in the game. It keeps you hooked into the character throughout the game.

Gameplay 9/10
The game play in this game is very similar to other hack and slash RPG's in the fact that you press one button to attack. However, along with that button you also have other button combinations that various things varying from doing an attack of massive damage to just simply placing down a healing beacon to heal you and your follower. That's another neat thing about this game. Like it's PC predecessors, you have a follower. Unlike the other Dungeon Siege games however, you can only have one follower while they can have many more. This makes sense because the PSP has less power than a PC and the screen size would be too small for there to be too many people in your party. All in all, with a fun attack method, sweet special moves, and a follower, the game play definitely deserves a 9 out of 10.

Lasting Appeal 9/10
With multi-player and elite mode (a new difficulty level unlocked after you beat the game) this game has a ton of re-playable value.

Music 10/10
Most games that I like, I like mainly because of the amazing soundtrack. This game doesn't fail to deliver. Unlike another hack and slash RPG for the PSP (Untold Legends), this game actually has more than one song. In fact, this game has a ton more than just one song. While I don't know the exact number of songs, it's huge. There seems to be a new song in almost every new area that you go to. Not only is there a ton of music, but it's all good too! This is one of those games where you actually want the sound on just to hear the music. Plus, it's always nice to hear that satisfying crunch as your weapon smashes down yet another victim.

Graphics 9/10
Keep in mind that I don't put too much stock into graphics. Basically, if it looks like a human, it's a human. I don't need to see every finger moving as it attacks it's foes. Not saying it isn't fun to see, but I don't care too much about it. That being said, this game has pretty amazing graphics for a hand held game. The character models look pretty tight, and although you can't build them from scratch, the characters that they do provide look sweet.

Overall, I give this game a 10 out of 10. It was enjoyable from start to finish and I am looking forward to trying out the other character types as well.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/08/06