Review by magiclive

"Action-packed and ONLINE!!!"

When I went to Gamestop the other day, I decided to buy this game without previously playing it. I usually don't do that, unless I know the game is something special. Fortunately, this game is no different. MGS:PO gives you plenty of action and stealth with tons of other options along the way.

The sound in this game is great. In fact, it's essential to your success throughout. In some areas of the game, it's important to be as quiet as possible. There is a radar in the top left of the screen that shows you how much noise your character and the enemies are making.

I can't seem to remember what the graphics looked like on MGS 2, but they can't be much better than this game. The player detail, along with the environment, is very ornate. The level designs really show what the PSP is capable of.

I'm not going to go into details with this category because of spoilers. I'll just let you know that the story is easy to follow and certainly keeps you playing the game to the end. The story is pushed along through radio communications and cut scenes.

This really makes the game fun. There are so many different guns that you can equip your character with. You can also use traps to take out your enemies. The best part of the gameplay, in my opinion, is the close-combat fighting. To be honest, I still haven't figured out how to do all the moves yet.
Another unique part of the gameplay is the ability to recruit soldiers. Snake no longer has to go on missions by himself. This is extremely helpful when you have to blend in like one of the enemy soldiers. The soldiers that you recruit have various statistics on their ability to fight/heal/spy/etc. You can build an army of up to 100 soldiers! Not only that, but you can take your team online and battle with other players.

There are many other features in this game that I didn't mention. This game just has so many different aspects to it, that you really can't get bored. I've played only one other Metal Gear Solid game besides this one (MGS 2). After playing this game, I'm thinking of playing them all!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/02/07