Review by LAZboy724

"No way this is a PSP game."

I have played only one Metal Gear, and I must say, this is the most addicted game I have ever been addicted to. It has so many game features in it, EVEN without playing online.

Gameplay: 10:10 For those who already played MGS on consles, this has a totally different game style. OK. Say you're on a level, and you need to snipe this guy. Snake can't shoot him with good accuracy without setting off the alarm. What do you do? Get some enemies that are good with sniper rifles. Sneak up on them, knock them out, and take him to your truck/ base. You persuade the soldier to be on your side. If it is a success, he will stay on your side and snipe that guy instead of having Snake do it.

Story: 10:10 Snake is now retired from the FOX unit. He wakes up from a prison cell on a unknown penninsula and wants to know what's going on. He meets up with another prisoner, a Green Beret. They work together to stop a dictator who threats the world with a neclear bomb: Metal Gear. As you progress through the game it gets very emotional. If you remember from the consle's cutscenes and how long they were, you can skip them or fast forward them. The cutscenes are not long at all, which are about 1 to 6 minutes long. You won't fully understand the story from beating the game the first time, but beat it for about 3 times and you'll understand everything.

WLAN Features: 11:10 Yeah. A 11. If you want to recruit comrades but you don't want to go through all the hassle, you can use the WLAN switch to recieve soldiers from access points( telephone poles ) from just tapping the circle button. Do you have a friend with a PSP but doesn't have Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops? You can have a free match with him through Game Sharing. Play online with your soldiers under your control, and fight other player's soldiers to own their fighting soldiers. The best PSP experience ever.

Replay Value: High. I already beat the game in about a month and a half, and I cleared the game about 14 times on normal. If you have nothing else to do, you can beat the game in about 19 hours.

If I could, I would give this game a 11.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/24/08

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (US, 12/05/06)