Review by sgs_guppi

"MPO is the absolute best of the Metal Gear Solid Series and a must for the PSP"

This game is absolutely flawless, 3D graphics, dozens of weapons and equipment, extremely addictive online play it has and engrossing storyline and a colorful caste of characters and all the details of the story fit snugly into the MGS series. The most appealing part of Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, is that you have the freedom to do absolutely anything you please. You can build your own army of soldiers and the game has dozens to choose from so any one who's into the Metal gear Solid series, this game will have the soldier for you. The online play is extremely addictive, so I'll give you fair warning this game will suck away hundreds of hours of your life like it's nothing.

I've played this game for almost a year now and I don't regret a moment of it, the beautiful graphics, characters, storyline, and the marvelous online gameplay all come together to form one of the best games to ever grace the market, and perhaps the best I've ever played. There is so much to do in this game from gathering equipment, recruiting soldiers, or just trying to find a soldier that suits you because the soldiers all are different. This amazingly extreme diversity of characters you can choose from helps add to the epic feel you receive while playing this little hunk of plastic. Soldiers in the game have different grades, abilities, health, stamina, and in addition to this you have dozens of different types of soldiers you can capture and find the one whose abilities matches what you're looking for.

The graphics and sound quality are truly second to none, this game possesses a marvelous soundtrack and intensely vibrant 3D graphics that rival and even surpass some PlayStation 2 video games. There are also a multitude of different stages and difficulty levels to play on, so this game will have something for any fan of action games. The raw intensity and epic scale of this game truly combine together to form one of the best games ever and in my personal opinion the best of the Metal Gear Solid series.

This is truly worth a mere 20 dollars and is absolutely deserving of a perfect score of 10 out of 10. This game wil be worth every magnificent second of amazing gameplay you put into this, that's a guarantee no matter who you are, if you like Metal Gear Solid, you'll love this game.Have fun with the greatest game of all time dear reader, I know I did.

- [SGS]Guppi

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/10/09

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (US, 12/05/06)