Review by MoeBear

"Warriors..... Come out and Fight!"

INTRO
I loved the movie when it first came out. I have the DVD, and can't count how many times I have seen it. I am from Brooklyn, and worked in Coney Island when I was a teenager. Believe it or not, I remember all the things in this movie even thou Coney Island has changed so much now. So when the game was made I had to go and buy it, but not for a high price, I waited around till it was cheap, like 20 bucks new. You can't beat that price anywhere for a PSP game. One thing I must say from the start about this game is, it would look better and play better on a TV console game. I think the hand held version is good but too small for this type of layout the game has.

GAME PLAY
The type of game playing to expect from this game is fighting. That's what this game is all about 90 percent fighting and 10 percent other little miscellaneous things to do. If you like fighting, then you would love this game, otherwise don't either bother, cause you will be disappointed. This game is about our group of thugs or gang members called the warriors. The story is nothing like the movie, you start out three months before the big meeting is held in the Bronx. So it is completely different. But you do have the same members of the gang, and the members of the different gangs are pretty much the same.

Once you pass a couple of levels and go threw the fighting sequence and advance threw the tagging and mugging, then you pretty much are on your own. In other words, you choose your own adventure. You are in the warrior's club house and from there you decide where to go next, there are single missions, or group missions, or just roaming around in the neighborhood and exploring for money and things to buy. This is a fun style of playing, it takes you away from your average game where clear a level and move on to the next one. If you enjoy fighting with a pretty good number of combos, this game is up your ally. Otherwise you might find this too violent or mindless action and fighting. Well sorry, but that's what this is all about.

APPEARANCE
Everything in this game looks excellent, from Coney Island to the Bronx. The streets, the allays, storefronts, subway and subway carts are in great detail and excellent design. Even the warriors are in great detail too. The voices of the members are just like the ones you hear in the movie. Well done indeed. The only little problem I got about this game is, it's too dark in many areas, it seems everything is at night. Even the few day boards still look dark. The developers tried to make this game too dark and gloomy.

OVERALL
Ok, let's wrap this thing up. A solid fighting game what this is indeed. The negative things about it is, it is too dark in a lot of areas, where it is almost impossible to see, you need to improvise, and it would play better in a regular console game. The neighborhoods are too big and you need to roam around and explore in this game, otherwise you can't go wrong and the price is right.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 08/14/07