Im new to the first final fantasy and im wondering...?

1. Is a warrior, a black mage, a white mage, and a red mage a good first team to have?

User Info: mattizzle9

mattizzle9 - 6 years ago
    I have read all of 8 bit theater, and I was planning on using that setup, but I wanted a white mage. In any case I used the three different mages and a warrior/fighter and I seem to be doing pretty good. Thanks though. Its good to see what other people see as their best party to use.

User Info: mattizzle9

mattizzle9 - 6 years ago

1. You can win with any combination, really. Because late in the game, you can get Strength Plus/Mind Plus/etc. abilities are somewhat more important than stats. I'd say you need a White Mage, a Red Mage or even two, and perhaps a Warrior.

User Info: Kwingster

Kwingster - 5 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Warrior,thief,white and black mage,...(best)
    Warrior,thief,monk,red mage,....

User Info: jash036

jash036 - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. Well there is what's called the "8-Bit Theatre" setup: Warrior/Fighter, Black Mage, Thief, Red Mage. But since this is a newer, shinier version of Final Fantasy and not the 8-bit version, I'd go for Warrior/Fighter, Thief, White Mage and Black Mage. That way you get the much stronger spells, and aren't left with an unnecessary tough choice since you can only equip three spells of each level.

User Info: drvelocity3389

drvelocity3389 - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. No, you should take out the red mage. I think you have to choose a white and a black mages, and two warriors. Red mages can cast spells from both mages, but you'll miss a lot of spells and you'll also have to choose between healing every turn or attacking (and their MP is no nearly as good as the black mages).
    BTW: Thieves are useless, if you want to pick another class take a monk. But I think two warriors would do.

User Info: LeaMondeFields

LeaMondeFields - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. weeeellll,for me i got warrior, theif,black mage,and white mage. I like this because all four of them take up different types of weapons, so i dont have to think which character to give a unique weapon, and the full black and white magic is really needed

User Info: 1233at

1233at - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. i used a Warrior, Theif, Red Mage, White Mage. I give Red Mage mostly Blk magic but some white such as cure and cura. red is better cuz it can fight VERY well w/ a sword almmost as good as a warrior (not quite but pretty close) plus it can use magic =)
    theif is good cuz it hits a lot starting with 2 hits and very shortly (before you get Moyto's Crystal eye) can hit 4 times. Use red mage to caste Haste and BAM!! 8 hits kills ANYTHING in 1 hit.

User Info: Gamerman99999

Gamerman99999 - 6 years ago 0 0
  6. I have a warrior a monk a white mage and black mage and i am almost done the game.
    AND I NEVER PLAYED THIS GAME BEFORE!

User Info: superAndrew2

superAndrew2 - 6 years ago 0 0
  7. I would personally recommend a Warrior, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage party, it is very effective, the Monk develops faster than most people think AND hits hardest in the game.... Depending on the exact comparison to that Barbarian Sword... That may change things.... But the Black Wizard actually gets some pretty good weapons and you can equip the White mage with the Masamune.... And The Monk Melee's 6 hits without Haste by the time many Players reach Astos, but this is my opinion and I will undoubtedly agree that in ANY low-level campaign a Monk is a dreadful choice....

User Info: Zythis

Zythis - 5 years ago 0 0