Review by IMJUSTAFREAK

"These chains still keep swinging!!!"

As you know this is my review for God of War: Chains of Olympus.
I am a huge God of War fan, but I will not be biased in this review. So sit down and enjoy.

There really isn't much I can say that hasn't been said already. This game takes place 10 years before the first God of War. As before you embark on an epic journey to make things right with Kratos. I don't want to spoil anything so I will just say that even if you're not a fan you will get a great story. Even though it may be only 5 hours at most...........

Wow, that is all I have to say. These graphics are amazing. The frame rate is incredible and everything just looks damn good. I think I have found a game that trumps Syphon Filter on PSP.

Controls:9/10

You have basic attacks set up on the face buttons. Square is your regular attack and triangle is your heavy attack. There is also magic that you get which is accessed by holding the L button and pressing one of the three face buttons. Some people have complained about dodging because you now dodge by holding both the shoulder buttons and moving in the direction you want to. I found it quite easy, but either way it shouldn't take too long to get used to.

Game play:10/10

This is where the game really shines. RAD managed to take the game play from the original games and make it seamless with the PSP version. Aside from the tweaks to magic and dodging, this game is nearly identical to it's counterpart. Everything is for the most part flawless. There is occasional screen tearing, but I have only witnessed this once. If you like upgrading weapons ( not real deep ) and magic to just wreak havoc on soldiers and monsters this is the game for you.

Replay Value:6/10

This is what disappointed me the most. The original games had a ton of things to unlock and keep you playing. This game only has three costumes and a half ass version of the arena games from the others to unlock. Still fun though. There is still god mode too.

Final Thoughts:

Even with the lack of a proper dodge button, barely there unlockables, and a very short single player campaign, this game is still top notch on the PSP.

Final Score 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/08/08

Game Release: God of War: Chains of Olympus (US, 03/04/08)